Consumer Good Faith

Skoop

So with the flash sale flurry that went on yesterday, is there any good faith gesture in the works from ED for those that feel they got burned with purchasing the saber then month / days later it's flash sale for $15 ?

By good faith I mean maybe ED adds the difference in price to our rewards account. Something similar to what went on last year with the huey.

• Like 1

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

But this time it was just a quick flash sale with limited stock. I think last years Mi-8 sale was a regular longer one, and not with limited stock, therefore the good faith gesture coupon from ED back then.

Personally I think they got the sale just right this time, adding a bit of excitement with the short flash sale. Easy to miss. Last time there was no flash sale, so it's a bit of a gamble as a customer. Should I wait or not?

Not trying to defend ED, or having a clue what's right or wrong here. Just expressing my point of view. Like everybody else I also hate when a thing goes on sale right after I bought it for full price. It's hard to be a customer, and probably even harder to be a developer...

i never understand consumers who dont get that there is always a day before every sale when the product cost more... even if one expects a 24 grandfather period, why should the risk be carried by ED to administrate the coordination of credit post sale? And where would you draw the line? if its 24 hour grandfathered, then a consumer at 25hours will be mad... If that's what the community wants, I would not be surprised if sales and discounts disappeared all together.

again - not trying to defend ED, but sales are a fact of any retail vertical. No gesture of good faith is warranted if you ask me. It sucks but its kind of the risk you take when purchasing anything out there... milk, cars, games, beer....

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Topic Closed for now.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs