Good rudder pedals (to complement a Warthog stick)?

Looking for a durable and accurate rudder pedals. Longer physical foot travel distance is a plus, because it allows for more control and theoretically a wider range of input values from each pedal. Maybe even Hall sensors for the pedals. I've read bad things about potentiometer sensors.

1st edit: I would like toe brakes for the rudder pedals.

:helpsmilie::pilotfly::joystick::book:

Edited by Visceral Raptor

Never tried the MFG's but I am sure they are OK.

Common ones are either a saitek model, e.g. combat pro, cessna, etc. All basically the same thing but look a bit different.

The other one is the CH pro rudders. I have owned the saitek combat pedals and the ch pedals. I replaced my CH pedals with the saiteks because I wanted wider pedals. Also I rest my feet on the pedals and there is more or less no resistence in the ch pedals so its easy to be applying rudder when you dont think you are.

Both are good.

If you let go of the $$$$ to get a WartHog setup, then by all means give the Crosswinds a strong consideration. I've had mine for months now and think they compliment the higher end controls systems very well. I know it is hard for a lot of folks to invest in the higher end stuff as after all these are only "sims" that we fly in, but if this is really your niche', then high end equipment makes a world of difference. I've been at this since the mid-90's and tried about every level of controllers and the old adage of "you get what you pay for" rings very true. But do remember, there is ALWAYS the chance you get one of the sets that fell through the cracks when it came to the quality control checks. I've not heard of any reports of a negative vein regarding the Crosswinds, and if there were any, I'm certain Milan (MFG) would be all over it to get you satisfied.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Also consider VKB's "T Pedals" As they are significantly cheaper than MFG or Slaw pedals. But lack toe brakes.

Saitek combat pros impressed me when I tried them at duxford (still prefer the MFG Crosswinds though!)

A lot of people use Saitek Pro Flight pedals without issue but I'd spend a bit more on something a little less mass produced!

I would agree with the above. I have the Saitek combat rudders and they are nice, but key flaws are that even on the lowest stiffness setting, they are a little too rigid for my liking, which exacerbates their other flaw - they are hard to get them to stay still on a wooden floor! I need to buy a large rubber mat or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

I would agree with the above. I have the Saitek combat rudders and they are nice, but key flaws are that even on the lowest stiffness setting, they are a little too rigid for my liking, which exacerbates their other flaw - they are hard to get them to stay still on a wooden floor! I need to buy a large rubber mat or something.

I struggled with this problem for ages! Not sure if it is feasible for you, but I solved it by changing my desk so that the pedals can now push flush against the wall, this stops them moving at all.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

... their other flaw - they are hard to get them to stay still on a wooden floor! I need to buy a large rubber mat or something.

pedals.jpg

:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I mounted mine to a board that is long enough that it pushes directly against the wall. Solved that issue nicely and cheaply.. (Controls HAVE to be solid)

An anti-skid pad from home depot will only cost a few bucks and keep it rock steady. If you go to the carpet section, you'll find the anti-skid mats.

Works great.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I enjoy the heck out of my slaw device pedals. Top notch construction and action if you like a well defined center.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I currently have the Saitek combat pro pedals and enjoy them. One thing I would suggest if you don't like nodding or adding wood, would be to take the toe plates and put them on the back. I don't know if they come with screws from the factory, but simple 1 inch wood screws (home depot or lowes in the US) work perfect for keeping the plates attached to the rudders. This would be similar to the wood blocks seen in the previous pictures. If you don't secure the plates to the pedals, the plates will pop off during a flight and drive you nuts.

If you can fork the money, go with the crosswinds. Saitek combat pros would be second choice and the CH pro pedals as a nice set of budget pedals. There are others comparable to the crosswinds, but I would say do a lot of research before setting your heart on anything other.

Lol thanks for the securing tips chaps :D I actually compound the problem by having a wheelie chair on the same wooden floor. I had been using a doormat to keep the chair still. Sort of works but then suddenly you will jet across the room when making a maneuver. Also compounded by having a step ladder with my rift camera on between the desk and wall lol.

2 nights ago I brought out the big guns - a deep scraggly BATH MAT. Yeah. Dem mats. So the front of the rudders are gripping onto the door mat, and the wheelie chair perches atop an old bath mat.

BECAUSE I AM A PROFESSIONAL :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

I currently have the Saitek combat pro pedals and enjoy them. One thing I would suggest if you don't like nodding or adding wood, would be to take the toe plates and put them on the back. I don't know if they come with screws from the factory, but simple 1 inch wood screws (home depot or lowes in the US) work perfect for keeping the plates attached to the rudders. This would be similar to the wood blocks seen in the previous pictures. If you don't secure the plates to the pedals, the plates will pop off during a flight and drive you nuts.

If you can fork the money, go with the crosswinds. Saitek combat pros would be second choice and the CH pro pedals as a nice set of budget pedals. There are others comparable to the crosswinds, but I would say do a lot of research before setting your heart on anything other.

Are those front plates meant to come with screws? Mine just sort of sit on the pedal unit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

Lol thanks for the securing tips chaps :D I actually compound the problem by having a wheelie chair on the same wooden floor. I had been using a doormat to keep the chair still. Sort of works but then suddenly you will jet across the room when making a maneuver. Also compounded by having a step ladder with my rift camera on between the desk and wall lol.

try doing something like this , skip to about 1:40 There are variations on this you can come up with for your wheelie swivel chair.

Can't wait for my Crosswinds to be shipped...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

try doing something like this , skip to about 1:40 There are variations on this you can come up with for your wheelie swivel chair.

Thanks man I will take a look :)

EDIT: Haha cool. I probably have the tools to do that. Just need to find a local B&Q or something (UK based here :D )

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY