Aircraft carrier missions

kludermor

Hi I'm a noob at DCS.

I have just bought Flaming Cliffs 3 and p-51 modules I'm looking for some missions involving aircraft carrier take off and landing. But I can't find any. I have tried setting up my own mission but where's the carriers.

What am I doing wrong?

I have also seen some videos of people flying f-18, but where can I buy it?

Thanks

• Like 1

If you want to fly missions with a carrier, you'll have to add it in the Mission Editor. The F-18 has not been released. The videos you see are people flying a mod where they use the cockpit of an F-15 with the exterior model of an F-18.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The only carrier aircraft so far ist the Su-33. You should be able to set up a mission taking off from the Admiral Kuznetzov.

The Su-33 campaign missions should all be from the carrier...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hi I'm a noob at DCS.

I have just bought Flaming Cliffs 3 and p-51 modules I'm looking for some missions involving aircraft carrier take off and landing. But I can't find any. I have tried setting up my own mission but where's the carriers.

What am I doing wrong?

I have also seen some videos of people flying f-18, but where can I buy it?

Thanks

The only aircraft you can currently land on a carrier with is a SU-33 or by using a mod (F/A-18C) but it only uses the external model, it uses a Su cockpit or there is another one, which uses a (F-15C) cockpit but I'm pretty sure that version doesn't work with 1.2.10.

As someone has already stated you have to make a mission eg - (mission Editor),(Add or modify ship group) then select what carrier you want, either Russian or USA.

The F/A-18C is far from out (if only!), if you are not subscribed to the ED news letter I recommend you doing it, it will give you some information worth reading up on. :thumbup:

Edited by Gh0st007
  • Like 1

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies.

I found the carrier and how to set up missions. :thumbup:

I only bought the game because I have an Oculus Rift DK2 on its way, but I have spend many hours in FSX and the versions prior. I like the dept of the DCS.

Now I'm off to find some graphic tweaks, because the ground textures are making my eyeballs bleed :cry:

Thanks for all the replies.

I found the carrier and how to set up missions. :thumbup:

I only bought the game because I have an Oculus Rift DK2 on its way, but I have spend many hours in FSX and the versions prior. I like the dept of the DCS.

Now I'm off to find some graphic tweaks, because the ground textures are making my eyeballs bleed :cry:

DCS has much to offer. Obviously if you like combat, there is a benefit to it over FSX, but also systems and physics are much better.

On the graphics, know that DCS 2.0 is planned to come this year, it includes a new graphics engine. Higher quality maps are also coming.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

There was a Su-33 carrier training mission which involved carrier takeoff, air refueling, attacking some ships and a drone and a carrier landing. It's good fun if you want some quick practice.

I can't wait until the Su-33 PFM comes out, which should hopefully be relatively soon after the Su-27 and the carrier landings won't be as scripted anymore.

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

DCS has much to offer. Obviously if you like combat, there is a benefit to it over FSX, but also systems and physics are much better.

On the graphics, know that DCS 2.0 is planned to come this year, it includes a new graphics engine. Higher quality maps are also coming.

Uh! DCS 2.0 looks very promising:)

There was a Su-33 carrier training mission which involved carrier takeoff, air refueling, attacking some ships and a drone and a carrier landing. It's good fun if you want some quick practice.

I can't wait until the Su-33 PFM comes out, which should hopefully be relatively soon after the Su-27 and the carrier landings won't be as scripted anymore.

Where can I find this mission?