wishlist: possibilty to "create" airfields

9.JG27 DavidRed

dear devs!

it would be awesome, and would increase the flexibilty for missions, if it would be possible to create airfields.

im not speaking about actually placing runways or anything, but just giving the possibilty to place planes within a dedicated "trigger" zone and also let them refuel, rearm and repair within that zone.

pretty much what the heliports do, but just for planes and with the possibilty to spawn them there as well.

i think this could be very useful especially for the wwii planes.

• ED Team

I like this idea, especially for WWII and the potential for grass take off.

Also for aircraft with VTOL for example the harrier.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It would be nice if we could spawn an airplane parked anywhere regardless of being an airport or not, and fuel trucks and repair trucks should work within a certain range of a parked plane regardless of location.

(I realize the first is already possible with static objects, but I mean for player "ramp start")

Edited by VincentLaw
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was an old mod for FC2 to get Merzifon airbase in Turkey. It just involved moving an existing airbase.

It would be nice to have generic airfields that are premade and can be placed anywhere on maps.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It would be nice to have generic airfields that are premade and can be placed anywhere on maps.
Basically like a FARP for airplanes, maybe with runway variation options like dirt, grass, or steel planking. Currently if you land an airplane on random terrain, the surface "roughness" can randomly flip the plane over, so some degree of runway improvement will be necessary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]