DCS F/A-18C: the return of the AGM-65E?

JayPee

If I'm informed correctly the AGM-65E is one of the main weapons used by the Hornet. Will we be able to use the 65E again and possibly the 65E2/L?

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

AGM-65E Functionality was removed from the A-10C due to Contract terms (I believe).

Doesn't mean it's out of the SIM.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

AGM-65E Functionality was removed from the A-10C due to Contract terms (I believe).

Doesn't mean it's out of the SIM.

I know, however since the version in which they removed the access to it, I have not been able get them functional again. Did you? Or others?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

I never had the urge to try, and prolly won't even bother, as it's likely been taken out of the cockpit systems DLL or at a higher level to keep it from being modded back in again.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I know, however since the version in which they removed the access to it, I have not been able get them functional again. Did you? Or others?

No, for the A-10C it is definitiately gone for good. But it is still available as weapon for the AI FA-18.

I would assume(well, hope) that the agreement only covers the 65E in conjunction with the subject of the agreement, the A-10C, and that nothing hinders them to make it "playable" for other modules again. The weapon is nothing special - there is nothing about it that I, as USAF, would consider to be better kept under the covers. The function is not secret, the capabilties are not more secret than for any other MAV, it is no weapon which is especially, hrm, "amoralic" or "inhuman" (as one could perhaps consider, i.e. cluster bombs or fuel air bombs). I can not see why it should no be possible to simulate it - besides the fact that it was just not part of the contract of the A-10C.