Warthog HOTAS bindings?

Hello, I am curious how users have their Warthog HOTAS set up?

I am curious if you have changed any of the default bindings and what you do with the slew click, slider and the joystick Viper-thing on front?

Also is it possible to bind the slew to camera control?

In my opinion having camera control on the slew nub would be perfect because then it might feel a bit more smooth than on 4/8-way switches, you can use it while using a mouse with your other hand and you can click it to centre the camera again.

Finally since you have to use the keyboard for communication anyways I suppose the MIC-switch can be bound to something creative and it apparently has 5 inputs. Any ideas on what to bind there? If you can bind camera control to the slew I would move slewing to there I suppose.

:pilotfly:

Edit: oh and what ISN'T on the HOTAS by default? Ejection, pedals and wheel brakes come to mind. Anything else that's really handy to have on there?

Edited by Archer7

Slew button = Screenshot

'Viper thing' = TIR Center

Slider = not used

I changed the AP button on the LASTE panel to 'Pause' since it is duplicated on the left throttle grip.

The slew stick is too sensitive for camera control, IMHO. However, it might be possible with a lot of curve tweaking.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Slew button = Screenshot

'Viper thing' = TIR Center

Slider = not used

I changed the AP button on the LASTE panel to 'Pause' since it is duplicated on the left throttle grip.

The slew stick is too sensitive for camera control, IMHO. However, it might be possible with a lot of curve tweaking.

Yes, the slew stick is very sensitive however can you explain to me how you bind camera control to it?

Great idea with the duplicated autopilot buttons... maybe it would be a good place to have the gears up/down? It's another thing I forgot that you don't really have to bind to the HOTAS but is very useful during take-off.

I also don't really see the point of the L/G WRN SILENCE button either and suppose it would make a lot more sense having the master caution button there instead.

I should probably visualize this in a paint document :huh: