TARS Help

Snax

Hello dear users of DCS

This is my very first topic on DCS forums.

Here's my small presentation:

I'm Snax, 25 yo and I play flightsims since i'm 5 (FS95). I discovered milsims with DCS A-10C in 2010 but it was too complex for me at that time. A year later I started Falcon BMS and now since 3 years I'm on DCS World too.

IRL I'm an ADC student in the Belgian Air Force.

Now about the topic of my post ^^

I discovered TARS like 2 years ago and actually it always worked for me but never used it because I've never found people to fly with (and speaking in french ^^).

Now that I've joined a french squadron based on DCS and willing to use TARS, I did install TARS on one of the member's computer the same way I have installed TARS on mine.

What we are using:

• TARS 1.0.2 beta 4
  • DCS 1.2.10.30996
  • TS 3.0.11.1

I also have set the UAC on Windows 7 to minimal (never warn the user) and set the admin rights for TARS Control Panel like I did on my computer.

But the thing is, on my computer it works, on his it doesn't work.

The only thing different I have from his TARS is that on my TARS Control Panel, it detect my version of DCS and not on his. It says "Version Unknown" or something like that

We didn't reinstall TARS because it was late and I'm sure it wasn't the reason because when I had DCS on Steam, I also had the "unknown version" on TARS Control Panel but It worked well.

For as long as I can remember, it always worked like this and in 2 years I'm using TARS/DCS, I have reinstalled 3 times DCS, switching between Steam and Standalone version. Never had a problem.

Anyone know where could be the problem ?

Here is a screenshot of my TARS Control Panel, TeamSpeak and DCS:

1410821849-a-10c-tars-2.png

PS: I already have made a search on the forums and found nothing relevant to my topic.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Snax

C.E EC2/14 Iron Claws | Youtube | Twitch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Snacks,

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I'am trying anyway.

Are you saying that you're on a STEAM and stand alone version of DCS (A-10C, I suppose, as seen from your sreenshot) ?

Many questions arrise :

- How long is it since you or your friend are experiencing problems ?

- What is the DCS version of your friend ? Steam and stand alone ? Or do both of you have DCS World ? (It seems you have it !)

- Does its TARS recognizes DCS World (In game, it should say : DCS World (icon) 1.2.10.30996 (DCS installed), just as you show in your screenshot) ?

I have it that way also and I also have the 'Teamspeak 3 unknown version (x32) installed', right under 'Location of Teamspeak 3' and the path 'C:\....' . Exactly like on your screenshot of the TARS control panel and it has always been like that.

- Has it been working for both of you for 2 years as you say or is it not working just for him ?

Regarding Teamspeak, my version is 3.0.16 and it's the latest one, although, I haven't been using it for a long time since the virtual squadron I used to fly with is now dead.

I come to think that this might probably be the reason why you can't connect with your friend, but i'm really not sure.

In conclusion, I would advise you to check up that both of you are running the same version of DCS World, TARS and Teamspeak.

Finally, both of you check the box 'Install Teamspeak pluggins' and verify your 'Host' and 'Port' values by clicking 'network'. (By default mines are : 0.0.0.0 and 48101).

I know that all I say might sounds like giving a sword hit in the water or killing a fish in a barrel, but, who knows...

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Uh... Snax instead of Snacks. Sorry...

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Hi Snacks,

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I'am trying anyway.

Are you saying that you're on a STEAM and stand alone version of DCS (A-10C, I suppose, as seen from your sreenshot) ?

I was on the Steam version of DCS, now i'm playing with the standalone one, and TARS worked on both for me.

Many questions arrise :

- How long is it since you or your friend are experiencing problems ?

As long as I remember, since always.

- What is the DCS version of your friend ? Steam and stand alone ? Or do both of you have DCS World ? (It seems you have it !)

We both run the standalone version of DCS.

- Does its TARS recognizes DCS World (In game, it should say : DCS World (icon) 1.2.10.30996 (DCS installed), just as you show in your screenshot) ?

Affirmative

I have it that way also and I also have the 'Teamspeak 3 unknown version (x32) installed', right under 'Location of Teamspeak 3' and the path 'C:\....' . Exactly like on your screenshot of the TARS control panel and it has always been like that.

- Has it been working for both of you for 2 years as you say or is it not working just for him ?

It always worked for me since i'm using it. For him it worked time to time. We don't really know how.

Regarding Teamspeak, my version is 3.0.16 and it's the latest one, although, I haven't been using it for a long time since the virtual squadron I used to fly with is now dead.

I come to think that this might probably be the reason why you can't connect with your friend, but i'm really not sure.

We're using the exacte same version of Team Speak (version 3.0.11.1) but we'll try to reinstall TARS just to see if it has to do with something

In conclusion, I would advise you to check up that both of you are running the same version of DCS World, TARS and Teamspeak.

Finally, both of you check the box 'Install Teamspeak pluggins' and verify your 'Host' and 'Port' values by clicking 'network'. (By default mines are : 0.0.0.0 and 48101).

I know that all I say might sounds like giving a sword hit in the water or killing a fish in a barrel, but, who knows...

Laurius

It worth a try :p

C.E EC2/14 Iron Claws | Youtube | Twitch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems like I had a similar issue last year and it was missing the entry in export.lua.

There should be a line in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\export.lua that is like the one below.

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

hi,

in order to make it work since the last update (1.2.10 Up2) some of us had to make a hard link from the folder mods/aircrafts to mods/aircraft.

Just use the command mklink in a cmd invite (windows > execute > cmd) on windows to make it.

As it is an hard link there will be no impact if someday they change back the folder's name in another update.

good luck :)

VEAF - Virtual European Air Force- www.veaf.org

Association européenne de simulation évoluant sur DCS, BMS et ArmA3.

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/association/formulaire-de-contact

• 2 weeks later...