Airfield emergency arresting system

Wolf Rider

After reading through some of the threads, it struck me as an excellent proposal... that of an Airfield Emergency Arresting system, you know - the trap cable laid across an airstrip, with the appropriate equipment on either side, in case of an aircraft coming in to land with no brakes, damaged gear, etc.

A cable system , and or a net system... how about it?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

AFAIK, the fields in DCS World are not equipped with a arresting system ( meaning nether in the DCS nor RL). So I think the arresting gear that would make more since would be the MAAS(PDF file link)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

perhaps, the new fields on the new coming maps? :music_whistling:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

You know there are mobile arresting systems right? It would be pretty cool if we could place these anywhere we want in the mission editor.

800px-thumbnail.jpg

You should re read my post since I mention the MAAS in it and added a link about it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..