Which modules to use FFB with?

Boris

I recently got a used MS Sidewinder FFB 2 and I'm wondering which modules I should use it with (I own all).

I love my Warthog and it kind of feels weird not using it as I'm quite fond of the thing.

That said, I do have to build an extension for the FFB2 so that I can properly mount it on my chair. Maybe then it will feel better.

I understand that it's much nicer to fly the choppers with FFB right? What about the war birds... any advantage having FFB over the precision of the Warthog?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Although I don't have a Warthog, and my other joystick is only a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, I just can't unplug the FFB 2 since I got it.

Originally I though I'd use FFB2 only for warbirds and Ka-50, as it's only only helicopter I have, and for things that require more buttons, I'd keep using Logitech, but ended up retiring Logitech to backup position. It does help A LOT with warbirds in my opinion, much easier to anticipate limits of flight envelope, and pull jsut the right amount.

Though, your other stick being the Warthog, of course it is better to use it for more button heavy and less feedback dependent modules. But for warbirds and helis I'd say it just may out do even the Warthog.

One caveat with FFB and F-86F module, if you crash or eject, and join into another fresh F-86, sometimes force feedback may not reset itself and you may end up with a stick with zero force, that doesn't center itself and is very, very soft, makes controlling aircraft almost impossible. FFB in F-86 module is pretty weak anyway, so it may be better to keep using your other stick for that one too, even though it has very few controls to map.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Anything with a propeller attached to it should be flown with FFB. so all warbirds and all choppers.

SD

Exactly. I got kinda addicted to my MS FFB2 with all these modules.

I think I will mod the stick with the X52, for the extra buttons but only when I'm confident to not fail at it :)

At the moment I'm ok pressing the needed keys on the keyboard, but I have the throttle and pedals.

As for advantages over the warthog, I can't tell you. I don't have one.

And I want to thank all the developers to utilize, maintain and update the programming of FFB. FFB is a very strong feature. As it is an incredible tool to transfer the 'feel of the aircraft' and translate the (stick)movement accuracy through forces.

Edited by Cnuke