Current Steam sale

Chelios

Thought I should post this here for some that may have missed out.

A Steam DAILY DEAL is running today on all DCS products!!!

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)

DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)

DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)

DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)

DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)

DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $12.00 (60% off)

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $24.99 (50% off)

F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)

A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)

Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $39.99 (20% off)

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $39.99 (20% off)

Edited by Wags
Missing two titles.

Nice sale. Unfortunately bought my share of stuff for this month. Already got the Mig21. So will hold off on the WWII airframes for now.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Just bought a copy of the Huey form ED for someone else, two days ago. Ah well, more money for ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Whoa! $11.99 for the A-10C? For those that don't have it, this is probably the best deal you will ever get on a high quality flight model/sim. I haven't a clue whether ED ever got their investment back on that module, since it must have cost a ton to produce, but those that don't have it presently should jump on this!

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Whoa! $11.99 for the A-10C? For those that don't have it, this is probably the best deal you will ever get on a high quality flight model/sim. I haven't a clue whether ED ever got their investment back on that module, since it must have cost a ton to produce, but those that don't have it presently should jump on this!

Wasnt DCS: A-10C Developed as a ANG/USAF Trainer and then Ported to Commercial Product?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wasnt DCS: A-10C Developed as a ANG/USAF Trainer and then Ported to Commercial Product?

Yes, I believe so. I think the proof is buried in the forums, but I have given up looking.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

So that's it.

Didn't know that little tidbit.:doh: It is still a great bargain regardless of it's origins.:thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

My day started pretty good when i found out that one of my long lost ps3 games was on sale for a buck on steam, Then I found out DCS modules were on sale! This has made my week. I picked up the Sabre, Huey, Mustang and CA. now I have all the modules I want, and probably shouldn't spend any money for a little while... Whens the 109 going on steam? :thumbup:

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Can Steam products be activated outside of Steam though?

I know you can't do it the other way any more.

Great price on everything that's 70% off and good price on the Mi too.

Too bad ED already just had a ****ing sale where we had to pay more money despite ED getting a bigger slice of the cake when we buy stuff from them directly...

Moral of the story: never buy anything DCS unless it's a flash sale or Steam sale.

Every day I feel more cheated out of my money for buying ED products.

• Like 1

Too bad ED already just had a ****ing sale where we had to pay more money despite ED getting a bigger slice of the cake when we buy stuff from them directly...

Moral of the story: never buy anything DCS unless it's a flash sale or Steam sale.

You should be glad they even put it on a sale, ED is in no way obliged to sell their products for a lower price than what they want. Heck, even if they'd want to ask 100 bucks per module, they still can. It's their product, don't like the price? Don't buy it.

About Steam being cheaper than ED: get over it, that's how sales work. You know that if you buy a product, even in a sale, there is a chance you find it even cheaper afterwards. That's just how stuff works, like it or not.

And besides that, let's be honest, where would you find simulators with the quality of ED's product, for the price they sell them for?

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Be mature, Buddy. It's not like this is the first time ED having a flash sale. You are responsible for your own decision on when or whether to make a purchase. In case you are a minor, consult your parents before making a purchase next time...

What is up with these people who complain about sales?!

every other day ED pulls a sale, if you WANT your module NOW then buy it at whatever it costs now

if you want to wait an unknown period for a 'flash sale' then wait (days , weeks, months etc.)

• Like 1

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought CA 1.5 yesterday for my son. Now I have a buddy to lase targets and join me in this great sim. Without the sale and with my commitment to buy the MIG 21 I would never have been able to buy the module.

Thanks ED for the sale and the opportunity to introduce someone else to this great Sim at an affordable cost:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam sales are seen by millions of gamers when they log in, the "daily deals" give huge visibility to ED vs selling at their own site. I have read (cant remeber source) that Steam sales actually gives 4 times the revenue even if the price is very low. If this is true in this case, ED and third party module vendors will get a healthy injection of capital -> Better position to develop further modules.

And as said, it has become standard procedure in the digital selling of games, and gives good value for both devs and gamers who might not have the cash to buy full price. Personally for my favorite series of games or individual titles I buy at release for full prize even if I consider it expensive, and everything else I wait for a sale.

So all in all, happy days.

I certainly agree with you guys saying that sales are great. Though, please accept that some people could be feel cheated by the order ED is doing the sales. For example:

From September 4th to September 14th sale:

Flash Sale on the 13th of September:

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99

I would say that for some people it`s a pain in the a** to see that they bought the Sabre for 39.99$ just to see on the 13th that they could buy it for much much lesser dollars as they have before.

So the hardcore DCS fan will buy the product on release day and the people who know that there will be a sale soon, will wait.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I certainly agree with you guys saying that sales are great. Though, please accept that some people could be feel cheated by the order ED is doing the sales. For example:

From September 4th to September 14th sale:

Flash Sale on the 13th of September:

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99

I would say that for some people it`s a pain in the a** to see that they bought the Sabre for 39.99$ just to see on the 13th that they could buy it for much much lesser dollars as they have before.

So the hardcore DCS fan will buy the product on release day and the people who know that there will be a sale soon, will wait.

Well that is bad luck, or opportunity cost.

Mind you all of this arguing about HELP I PAID TOO MUCH 1 DAY BEFORE SALE would not even happen if ED would not provide any sales at all.

It is not a god given right for the consumer to be aware of when a sale is exactly happening.

I just do what I do with Steam summer/winter sales, never buy anything prior to the last day of a sale unless it is on a daily deal/flash sale, and even then I won't buy it unless it's at or near the lowest price I expect it to reach in the next 6-12 months. Practically (and based on previous sale patterns), that means for ED I don't buy unless it's at least 60% off.

Whilst I have preordered the Mig and will do so for the Hawk, they are both dream aircraft for me, I won't spend more than I absolutely need to in order to get my hands on them. It is simple financial prudence (rather than availability of cash, at least for me) to adjust your shopping habits according to the established sales patterns, whatever the product. Between DCS modules I already own, the ones I will get from the Kickstarter, and my current P3D hangar, I'm not going to run out of things to fly any time soon.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Hi, guys, if I buy the combined arms on Steam, may I retrieve the key and install it on my DCS world standalone? I really don't want to waste my humble SSD space to install another dcs world under the steam library

Yes, keys from anywhere work on Standalone, only keys bought on Steam (post the cutoff date, which was a few months back) can be used on steam.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2