Control mapping

=AFJ=JaMz

Sry for the really bone question here, but after blowing of the dust and thinking I will actually fly some DCS tonight I noticed the key bindings are empty for the Dora..

I haven't really studied them but obviously some P-51 keys are not used for the Dora and vise versa, but its not allowing my to load the 51 profile into the Dora (real) key binding slots..

Am I doing something wrong here or do I have to map a set of key bindings for each aircraft in game?

thks

Yes, you have to map keys for each individual plane.

Would be nice to have a "Copy From ..." option that would allow the player to copy an existing control map to another plane as a basis to configure further (if needed).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yes, you have to map keys for each individual plane.

Would be nice to have a "Copy From ..." option that would allow the player to copy an existing control map to another plane as a basis to configure further (if needed).

Bit of a pointless question though tbh as I didn't even spend ten mins with the Dora..

Hardly any of the buttons I had mapped for the 51 were usable anyhow

Ive got the G940 setup and can configure a lot but tbh I'm using the cursor for most functions

Did updating the module screw up the keybindings for you? Or anyone else for that matter.

Sure did for me, even the saved config file was ruined.

It did for me. I had to remap quite a few keys, including trim, gear up/down, etc... :/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Did updating the module screw up the keybindings for you? Or anyone else for that matter.

Sure did for me, even the saved config file was ruined.

About half of my assigned key commands for the Dora had to be reassigned. Happens to me whenever a big patch comes along. I did not checkout my F-86 assignments, yet. I do have the CH Control Manager individual .map profiles for each aircraft; those do not get messed up.

From now on I will create a copy of my Users/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input settings and stash them in My Documents. I am not sure even doing that is a sure thing as a backup. Correcting it longhand works, it is just time consuming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]