TrackIr Bug

Kindred

Ok, the TrackIr not functioning Bug is still around with 1.12a, I have to delete both trackIr files that was initially reported with 1.12

Now here is an observation that I’ve noticed about the issue. Only happens when I play around with the graphics settings within lomac itself. If I don’t touch them after I delete the files, then seems I’m ok. But as soon as I change the settings again, exit & restart lomac, then its stops responding again.

Reporting this out, just in case…

Cheers

Ok, the TrackIr not functioning Bug is still around with 1.12a, I have to delete both trackIr files that was initially reported with 1.12

Now here is an observation that I’ve noticed about the issue. Only happens when I play around with the graphics settings within lomac itself. If I don’t touch them after I delete the files, then seems I’m ok. But as soon as I change the settings again, exit & restart lomac, then its stops responding again.

Reporting this out, just in case…

Cheers

Anytime you click on "Options" (not just graphics settings), you`ll have to

delete these 2 files to be able to use TIR.

If you edit the graphics.cfg - it does not effect TIR (once you have it working)

Yes I have the same problem. Definitely a bug that hopefully will be addressed in a future patch :icon_excl :D Pain to have to load all the way up to the cockpit with some friends online, only to say crap sorry guys, be back in 4-5minutes cause I have no TIR....

P4-2.4QC-oc'd to 3.2ghz, 2gb Crucial PC6400 DDR2-1066mhz, Evga 8800GTS 640mb, Sata Drives, TIR3Pro

Just an FYI, been making alot of changes, and the only time this bug acts up on me is when I change the graphic settings. I just recently re-mapped all the keys to my X52 (in-game). Not one in over 10 times did it ever mess trackir up.

-All I have to delete is one file. Located in:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Input

file is called TrackIR.cfg and is 4kb in size. After deleting, and reloading LOMAC it always works again. Least it does for me :cool:

It's not going to happen often, unless you change your graphic settings alot. I've played LOMAC now for over a month and not once has TrackIR failed me. Course I haven't made any graphic changes either ;)

P4-2.4QC-oc'd to 3.2ghz, 2gb Crucial PC6400 DDR2-1066mhz, Evga 8800GTS 640mb, Sata Drives, TIR3Pro

track-ir

I followed all you guys' tips, but still my track-ir does strange things..

I deleted the files in input and config, but when i start flying, after a while my track-ir freezes and when I look in my config folder there it is again...a track-ir file..deleting it then has no use of course..but my track-ir gets messed up again. At this point it is unplayable...and it's such fun if it works! Any ideas there?

J

Is the blue light on when it freezes on you?

Also make sure you have no views (centering, look left, pan left, etc) assigned inside LOMAC. The only look button you should have programmed is in the TrackIR Profiler, and make sure to set a center key there. It may sense a conflict if your "center" etc is already assigned in the game.

Don't know if that would fix it, cause I never had this problem. But only thing I could think of for now...

Hope it helps!? :icon_jook

I followed all you guys' tips, but still my track-ir does strange things..

I deleted the files in input and config, but when i start flying, after a while my track-ir freezes and when I look in my config folder there it is again...a track-ir file..deleting it then has no use of course..but my track-ir gets messed up again. At this point it is unplayable...and it's such fun if it works! Any ideas there?

J

When you delete it, that file will come back each time you get back in game, that is normal. What isnt normal is that TIR sometimes stops responding (hapened to me too and i have TIR for only 3 days now). In my case, it stoped responding for a while, green light became red and blue light turned off, but after couple of minutes it started to work again. Go figure.

tHANKS

Nice to see so much replies...I dug into the problem for hours now (over a few days...still have to work to pay for candy as trackir), and I mostly tried other tips as to uninstal, deleting the remaining folder in program files, reboot, using the register fix, using regedit...etc...

I've come to the stage that now if I play Loman for a while it comes back online and I can play for a long time..Didn't yet tried the new tips you guys gave me...and that's the next step. I really want this thing to work because I can't really turn back to the 'mouse-control-world'...i touched candy, want more...

I realize that my problem might be a multi-track-ir- disorder...as I 've the same problem in fs9...but that's even worse...after i use it there...i most certainly have to reinstall to get any live out of the device.

In fs9, play for a minute or less, device freezes ( no active camera, but have no-cd thingy), Usb off and on doesn't do any good either, as the device is not detected anymore... Trying to reopen trackir after closing every other program...nope...

I'l try now, the tips from last posts...THANK YOU! Hope I can give some more details in next posts...not really good in describing it (not really technically gifted..but i'll do my best)

J

No, its not a power management problem!

The standard HotKeys from the TrackIR are F9=Pause, F12=Center and F8= Precision.

These keys are in lomac active and when you press the F9 sight key, the red light on the track-ir camera appears and his function are stopped.

You must set the hotkeys to other Buttons.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

I have made progress...have done several things: switched off powermanagement for the main usb hub (so that if it takes to much energy it would be switched off)..;that didn't help, stopped some tasks on startup with wintask. Some 'active sync' executable took a lot of fsp, without any ppc being connected...and since i like the flightsim more i stopped most of the tasks i could stop according to wintask pro...Tried track ir...don't want to sound to optimistic, but it worked without problem on both sims (fs9/ flaming cliffs), forgot to mention: got rid of active camera for fs9 (although that wouldn't explain why i had also trouble in loman) and I had a beer before I started up both sims (maybe explains why i think it is working again).

For me it seems to have been a conflict in startup executables...as i can't recall 'active sync' being so active before (rpimgr.exe in the tasklist)...

But we'll see..first fly some hours to be sure...

J

• 2 weeks later...

bugs back

although being very positive last time..trackir let me down again...and with what i told you guys before,... i couldn't fix it. It all seems so incomprehensible. It can't possibly be, that a device, priced so hight, is so unstable (in more threads i read problemes, but also people who have no problems at all...). I'm almost at the point of giving up, as i spent more time trying to get things work, then what i intented to do when i bought all this...to fly virtually!).

It can't possibly be, that a device, priced so hight, is so unstable (in more threads i read problemes, but also people who have no problems at all...). I'm almost at the point of giving up, as i spent more time trying to get things work, then what i intented to do when i bought all this...to fly virtually!).

Well I am not sure what the problem can be.

It seems you are suggesting that you have the same problem with FS9?

Have you tried talking with the naturalpoint tech support?

After each one start the option's menu, you must remove two file (TrackIR.ini, from "Input" and the TrackIr file from "Config". folder )

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

yes I know

I tried all that hundreds of times now...i appreciate the tips, but I really tried them all...I read, I think, every review of problems on both lomac forums as fs9 forums,...Trackir really worked for quite a while perfectly...and I tried to find out what I did to my computer that made it unstable again...But if you read all the posts on trackir, you can find people who solve problems by deletion of the folder in input and config, you can find them who have an issue with recognition by usb, you can find them where the tracking is strange..and only a few have my problem: it starts to work for like 20 seconds (start of a mission), and after that hangs up on me (with the fact that i deleted necessary files...). It's true I didn't talk to Natural point so far, and I pobably give it a try tomorrow..Pulling out the usb-connection and sticking it back in doesn't help, even a restart doesn't do the job...sometimes a restart of the computer helps (not always). The only way to get it going for the next 20 seconds in a mission is to comletely reinstall (with all the steps that were described to me in other forums...). I pobably sound a little frustrated now...and I discovered I still sneak around in the forums to find maybe a solution...but it works on my nerves that really nothing helps till now...Thanks for your replies..hope i get the golden tip someday..or a patch that will get all trouble out of this device.

J

Telephone

Called Natural Point (pretty far westward for me, i live in Belgium..), and they think it might have something to do with the device heating up to much...they asked me to send it to them, and will return a new instead...hope this will do the trick.

J

• 2 months later...

thanks very much team for this info,

i too fell victim to the trackir3 pro not working.

it continued to work fine in windows and looking at the tracking view of the heads there was no prob there.

simply removed those two files as mentioned, and i was once again looking around the cockpit, thankyou, i was about to re-install :)

threads like this are wonderful...