It all seems very random, and buggy with this latest update. :(

Noted and reported, much obliged,

Nate

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=

EDIT: I have not updated yet...if there is a lesson I have learned from ED..then it is "if there is an update first read the Forums"

I follow the same practice,, as soon as I seen the update post, I headed right to the DCS World forums,,,, its lit up big time! Standing by,,, sure did alot of reading today,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

My Godness... it is possible to get a clean environment without disturbing/hacking the normal setup ?

I was redirected from dedicated moved threads to post#1 of this thread, the whole first page does not contain the word 'aircrafts' and I had to browse the thread for solution, with opposite info inside. So messy.

I finally fixed it by the only safe way: delete aircrafts folders and launch a repair.

This is the clean setup: /Mods contains only 2 sub-folders:

• /aircraft
  • /tech

So, I suggest you to do the same thing: delete the folder Mods/aircrafts, and launch a repair (to be sure that your setup is OK).

What about hypothetic broken mods that could use Mods/aircrafts ?

=> they need to be adapted to the new releases, period.

Edited by galevsky06

Has the issue with campaigns using the wrong aircraft been fixed yet?

I want to update but I'm worried it will break everything ever.

No it hasn't. Thought I'd try an uninstall of FC3 and a reinstall, but once again it appears to be impossible to fly the F-15 missions or campaign without jumping into a Su-27 or MiG as a consequence....

Looks like some more updates are going to be required to resolve this.

After all my updating problems, I got a fresh install up and running fine.

But I notice one major difference: I'm unable to tab out of DCS since this upgrade... this is quite a PITA when it comes down to some profile switching for input devices etc. It works in the main menu, but not in the simulator exe. It stays in foreground.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just overlooking something?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wags apologised for the patch that was released.......does this mean that testers and 3rd party devs spent too much time testing the modules in the new EDGE engine and not enough time in the povo pack engine?

Seems that the issues people have experienced would have been picked up if the modules where tested in the current build and not with the EDGE engine which we have seen so many screen shots of.

Wags apologised for the patch that was released.......does this mean that testers and 3rd party devs spent too much time testing the modules in the new EDGE engine and not enough time in the povo pack engine?

Seems that the issues people have experienced would have been picked up if the modules where tested in the current build and not with the EDGE engine which we have seen so many screen shots of.

I can't recall the last time that a patch caused so much of an issue. Chances are that it was just a glitch/weakness in the validation process (someone on holiday/sick/etc.) - Of course pure speculation, as I have no idea what the cause was/is. Not interested either.

Wags has made an apology, process will be tightened up, and so it goes...welcome to the software product life cycle, things evolve and change for good reason, or at least that's my experience of it.

• ED Team

The smaller updates for new aircraft are getting pushed out faster, specially this one with a third party release, it was just a unfortunate set of circumstances... I think everyone involved learned some valuable lessons from it, and I hope everything will be back in order soon.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

After updating to 1.2.10.32095, all my modules have disappeared (CA, FC3 & UH1U) and I am left with the original A/C when I downloaded DCS World. Any one with a repair solution? or do I have to delete everything and reload again. Not a good morning for me. Please help as my computer skills are limited. Thank you.

After updating to 1.2.10.32095, all my modules have disappeared (CA, FC3 & UH1U) and I am left with the original A/C when I downloaded DCS World. Any one with a repair solution? or do I have to delete everything and reload again. Not a good morning for me. Please help as my computer skills are limited. Thank you.

please attach autoupdate_log.txt and autoupdatelog_old.txt

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Missing Modules

Pratt

This happened to me too. I deleted the Su-25T training missions from inside the program from the training GUI page and then did a manual repair from programs/eagle dynamics/dc world. This brought them all back. I then of course had to go back and have the program reinstall the Su-25T training.

I would try this before deleting everything and starting over.

I assume you have read about the renaming of some folders---aircrafts to aircraft. If you have made any missions in the mission editor you need to transfer them (copy and paste) from the appropriate aircraft to the counterpart missions folder in the "aircraft" folder. this is under the "Mods" subfolder in DCS World. Also if you had the English cockpit for the Mi-8 MTV2 installed, you need to reinstall it as it reverted back to the Russian cockpit.

Edited by Speedbrake