DCS 1.2.10 Update 1 / Change Log discussion

Raven68

The Mods\aircrafts folder was renamed to Mods\aircraft with this update. Your problem seems to be related. Can you try a repair?

This explains why my update was 950 MB in size. It installed all modules a second time in the new folder (just checked it)! :noexpression:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but the plural of "aircraft" is "aircraft", no "s"! ED chose to be grammatically correct :smartass:

Lol, I like that. :thumbup:

Couldn't figure out why JSGME was complaining about some of the mods that I've used for a long time but this explained it. Updated all of the paths and no complaints.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

After the update, there should only be a Mods\aircraft folder. What is inside your Mods\aircrafts folder?

I just figured it out, I had manually installed some control fixes for the Sabre and 190, since those were not under JSGME they stayed in place. Deleted and good to go. :thumbup:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

So. The question is, will there be an immediate fix to this file structure issue? I'm holding off on the update for now, I don't want to deal with this as I am not as knowledgeable as many others, but I have a lot of changes to my .Lua files over the years I am quite content with.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Noticed in the mission editor, the status bar at the bottom is flickering like crazy, anyone else see this by chance?

OK it doesn't run right. I'm still getting this every time I fire DCS up:

g36f7x45.jpg

But in the menu it shows the newer version at the bottom right and I can't fetch the MiG. Unknown module.

How to do a repair? I've never done this before and I can't find how to do it, probably it's a launcher.exe parameter.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Arrrg the update has also screwed 'Easy Monitor Configurator" It looks for the "Aircrafts" folder now I have no MFD screens.

Does anybody know how to fix :(

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

How to do a repair? I've never done this before and I can't find how to do it,

probably it's a launcher.exe parameter.

Open "Run" or Command Prompt and type (including quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Be sure to adapt to your own install directory.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

The code is in the exe file. hopefully icemaker will do an update. in the interim I did a repair and the file structure reverted back to "aircrafts"

I think in future I'll wait a while before updating. :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server