DCS 1.2.10 Update 1 / Change Log discussion

Raven68

I was thinking about this earlier, as I know I have several folders outside of DCS Mapped this way.

mklink /d <Path of New Aircraft Folder> <Path of old Aircrafts Folder>

So:

mklink /d C:\Program Files\Eagle Dyanmics\DCS World\mods\Aircraft C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\mods\Aircrafts

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the whole dir thing. Why dont you guys make yourselves a symbolic link :

(if needed move stuff from Aircrafts to Aircraft first and remove the empty dir)

mklink /D "<path to Aircraft>" "<path to Aircrafts>"

Problem solved, or no?

Along those lines, pasting the mod commands into the new folder doesn't work? (Notepad++) And there is a user created mod app. in beta as we speak.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

F-86F " Input scripts corrected."

what are the scripts for ?

Any scripts... I'm scared !!! input scripts NOOOO ala MiG-29 ? Su 27? SU-33? .... flash back nightmare :)

Input, Controllers?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• ED Team
Interesting, I have updated both Open Beta and Release. In release I have only "aircraft" dir while in Beta there are both "aircraft" and "aircrafts".

My modules are installed only in Beta.

Edit. Tested, F-15C is F-15C. Clean mission.

oops, I forgot to push new updater to the openbeta....

will fix asap, but empty folders will stay for those who already updated.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

About the whole dir thing. Why dont you guys make yourselves a symbolic link :

(if needed move stuff from Aircrafts to Aircraft first and remove the empty dir)

mklink /D "<path to Aircraft>" "<path to Aircrafts>"

Problem solved, or no?

I don't think you can merge two folders into one using mklink. Normal usage is to have files in one location and then use mklink to create a new folder, which is actually just a link to the first.

So if you wanted to create a link folder "Aircraft" that points to "Aircrafts" then "Aircraft" would have to not exist first, as otherwise mklink can't create it and will throw up an error.

You could create a link folder "Aircrafts" which is a link (and thus identical) to "Aircraft" but as DCS won't be looking at "Aircrafts", there's no point installing any mods in there.

It might work if you rename "Aircraft" to "Aircrafts" and then create "Aircraft" as a link to "Aircrafts", as then any modification mods to "Aircrafts" will be mirrored in "Aircraft" (as it's just a link to "Aircrafts"). I've found that DCS doesn't like links/junctions though and errors out when trying to update if you use them.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

F-86F " Input scripts corrected."

what are the scripts for ?

There had been some errors and inconsistencies regarding input settings before that have been fixed.

In the new update, cockpit tooltips for the F-86F have been corrected to match the official namings from the official aircraft flight manual ("-1").

Also, the "input scripts" for keyboard and joystick (see Options -> Controls) have been adapted to match the tooltips and thus the official naming.

For example, the tooltip for the "Radar Range Sweep Rheostat" now says "Radar Range Sweep Rheostat" and it's also called the same in the Options menu, making it easy to find the switch in the Options menu after looking at the tooltip in the simulation.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

When I start the F-15C campaign now it starts the MiG-29 Campaign (sitting in MiG 29, other planes are also MiG 29). However it works in MP. So I think it has nothing to do with the Aircraft Folders mentioned here? Just wanted to test something...

Can anyone help / confirm this issue? It is just after the update, this morning it still worked fine.

When I start the F-15C campaign now it starts the MiG-29 Campaign (sitting in MiG 29, other planes are also MiG 29). However it works in MP. So I think it has nothing to do with the Aircraft Folders mentioned here? Just wanted to test something...

Can anyone help / confirm this issue? It is just after the update, this morning it still worked fine.

It also happens in single missions. I tried running the two single missions for F-15 that FC3 has and in one I was in a Mig-29 and in the other I was in a Su-25T!!! :unsure:

All the inputs DATA (stick, throttle, TrackIR, keayboard, etc) don't work !!!

Hello,

There's few minutes I've installed the new update 1.2.10.32 and now all my inputs don't work.

By the past all our inputs was here: C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

But after this new update 1.2.10.32 I can found this new input path (exemple with the Dora): C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9

So please can you explain to me if we must remove all the inputs from this path: C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input ??

Please do you know if I must Copy/Paste all my old input files into the new: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9 ??

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

The ones in the program directory are the default inputs. The diff.lua in your Saved Games\DCS folder should still be working.

Perhaps you can delete your Saved Games input folder, start the program and then replace it? Be sure to make a copy of the folder as backup.

Edited by aeliusg

Which was your previous version of DCS?

Hello,

DCS World 1.2.10.30996.495-346 ---> 1.2.10.32095

Do you have one solution ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Yes, same here. Although I get the following experience:

Campaign Aircraft

A-10A The Valley A-10A

F-15C Bear Trap Su-27

MiG-29S Over The Hump MiG-29S

Su-25 Cold War Warrior A-50 [?? but no control ??] next time a Su-25

Su-27 Fortress Mozdok Su-27

Su-33 Heavy Sky MiG-29S

Su-33 Sea Dragon Su-33

It all seems very random, and buggy with this latest update. :(

what happens when you go to Options/controls and then try to load your settings from the saved games folder (load profile tab)?
Impossible to load all my setting because the buttons are grey and don't work...

I join you one screenshot of my menu:

Profile.jpg

PS:

Please can you tell me if you after to have upgraded your DCS with the last patch you have these 2 folders: "aircraft" and "Aircrafts" ?

Now I've aircraft from 1.2.10.32

And aircrafts from 1.2.10.30

here one other screenshots of my DCSW:

Profile02.jpg

Thanks again Skull.

Of course. What I meant was to put everything in "Aircraft", delete "Aircrafts" and then make link "Aircrafts"->"Aircraft". This way it will be in the correct new location but whatever mod tool or whatnot you guys are using wants to access "Aircrafts" will still find the data in this location through the link. This workaround will work for sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Mods/aircraft(s)?

I have two identical folders now, in Mods, I can't remember seeing this before, is it a bug?

mods\aircraft

and mods\aircrafts

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Skull...you have to klick in one column (because DCS obviously doesn`t know for which controller you want to import settings)..so just klick somewhere at a saitek/Warthog column then the buttons will light up..and you have to load the propper profile (xxx.diff.lua). And the aircrafts/aircraft folder issue has noting to do with it!! There are just the default settings..what you do you load YOUR custom settings..absolutley no matter where you saved them..

Yes after the update there are two folders aircrafts and aircraft..causing all the trouble:)

EDIT: I have not updated yet...if there is a lesson I have learned from ED..then it is "if there is an update first read the Forums"

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I have two identical folders now, in Mods, I can't remember seeing this before, is it a bug?

mods\aircraft

and mods\aircrafts

It's Normal. Just make sure all of your Modules are in the /Aircraft/ Folder as well.