Mig-21Bis BUGS

Boris

Great so far, I'm very impressed!!!

Two bugs which immediately sprang out though:

1. I can see water through the tarmac in the engine start-up training mission (very funny by the way).

2. I can't see my wings from my cockpit! Seems to be some sort of clipping issue. Also, the zoom limits on the plane external move to close and cause clipping issues.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Please make a separate thread for each bug, these collective bug threads are pretty hard to track.

I'm sorry, I thought I was making things easier by not cluttering the main forum. Maybe a separate bug forum for the MiG-21 would be helpful?

The groud textures obviously don't have anything to do with the MiG.

That was my first thought too, but this is the only module that does it. It's not a texture issue, rather the water clips through the ground.

I have no problem seeing my wings.

Good for you, but I still don't see them :P

Anyways, I'm doing a full reinstall of DCS world to see if that helps. Maybe some files got corrupted along the way...

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'm sorry, I thought I was maing things easier by not cluttering the main forum. Maybe a separate bug forum for the MiG-21 would be helpful?

That was my first thought too, but this is the only module that does it. It's not a texture issue, rather the water clips through the ground.

Good for you, but I still don't see them :P

Anyways, I'm doing a full reinstall of DCS world to see if that helps. Maybe some files got corrupted along the way...

Haven't seen this yet. Let us know how it looks after the reinstall.

Thanks!

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2. I can't see my wings from my cockpit! Seems to be some sort of clipping issue. Also, the zoom limits on the plane external move to close and cause clipping issues.

I've had this issue after updates when I've been using a mod to increase draw distance, reinstall the mod correctly or remove it.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Aye, pls remember:

DO NOT report bugs that you have whilst running a modded install.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Drag chute came off only with afterburner :D , anyone else had problems cutting it off?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

@Boris: your textures issue is 100% from the mods installed. I saw it few times after upgrades. To solve:

1. remove all your mods

2. dcs repair

3. on options switch the details from high to low and back

4. test again

5. install back terrain textures - check how it works

6. pay special attention to following mods: far view and clouds&sky

7. install rest of mods ....

It will work for sure and surely is not Mig21 module which generate this.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Thanks! Yes, it was indeed due to a view distance mod! I ended up doing a clean install anyway. All is good now. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time...