DCS Update - 1.2.10.32095.521 Fails.

Mrmaverick

Another one here:

• Dora is gone.
  • Sabre is gone.
  • Update won't complete (even run as Admin, even with Antivirus off).
  • Module Manager apparently thinks I'm asking for an "Unknown Module MIG-21BIS".
  • Multi-player Server is now offline because the Sabre is gone.
  • I don't have the Su-25T training missions downloaded.

Is that constructive?

edit: Yes, I ran repair. Yes, I ran the DCS_updater separately from the folder.

Edited by Vedexent

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the thread. I do not have the Su training and I don't know how to run a "repair". Looking at the update log it appears to have created a new "Aircraft" folder in the Mod directory which has my purchased aircraft in it plus an "aircrafts" folder with the stock SU25 and TF51 files. The game seems to only read the "Aircrafts" folder. Version at bottom right reads: 1.2.10.320996 (the old one).

If I run DCS updater in the DCS bin folder it just starts the game (the updater application file dated today).

Can I attach the update log to a post or paste?

Edited by jg6_bigglescdn
new info

Ah man!

I was about to post to say this all went fine for me.

Then I checked my UH-1H campaign progress...

I had done 5 missions.

Now there's nothing.

I tried restoring a copy of my logbook.lua from a PC backup I made on Saturday but still no joy. My logbook shows I've completed 5 missions in the UH-1H campaign, but the campaign itself is showing 0!?!

Any fix for this? I've read the thread and couldn't spot one.

EDIT - fixed it myself. I loaded up the UH-1H campaign, as it's wiped my progress it loaded mission 1. I exited the mission. The game showed I had flown 1 mission in the campaign. So I exited, copied the list of missions flown from my backed up logbook.lua file to the current one (I opened them both in notepad++), ran the game and voila my progress is back where it was, 5 missions complete, on Patrols, 100 success rating or whatever that figure is.

Hope that helps anyone else who has that issue.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

Ah man!

I was about to post to say this all went fine for me.

Then I checked my UH-1H campaign progress...

I had done 5 missions.

Now there's nothing.

I tried restoring a copy of my logbook.lua from a PC backup I made on Saturday but still no joy. My logbook shows I've completed 5 missions in the UH-1H campaign, but the campaign itself is showing 0!?!

Any fix for this? I've read the thread and couldn't spot one.

Raven, try editing this line in your old logbook.lua:

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/Missions/en/Campaigns/en_UN-Pilot.cmp",

Change "aircrafts" to "aircraft":

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Missions/en/Campaigns/en_UN-Pilot.cmp",

Maybe this will work; I haven't tested it yet.

• Like 1

Thanks I didn't need to. See my edited post above. I just copied the old progress over the one in the current logbook.lua

Also the line you've quote is already showing /mods/aircraft, so nothing for me to change there.

Of course if you don't have a backup of the logbook.lua, luckily I make a backup every Saturday of my C partition, then I don't know how to fix loss of progress in a campaign.

EDIT - aeliusg your method does indeed work, I just took the backed up logbook.lua and changed that line. So, two possible fixes for that issue, assuming you have a backup of that file because when I initially opened the one that had been modified tonight it didn't have the missions I'd done listed.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

EDIT - aeliusg your method does indeed work, I just took the backed up logbook.lua and changed that line. So, two possible fixes for that issue, assuming you have a backup of that file because when I initially opened the one that had been modified tonight it didn't have the missions I'd done listed.

Good to hear. Unfortunately most people probably lost their progress when they launched DCS, and it rewrote the logbook when it couldn't find aircrafts\ anymore.

Good to hear. Unfortunately most people probably lost their progress when they launched DCS, and it rewrote the logbook when it couldn't find aircrafts\ anymore.

Probably. But apparently you can still fix it by editing the stage number.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2180489&postcount=740

Wish I'd have known that a while back (assuming it was common knowledge) because I edited a mission in the UH-1H campaign that I kept failing halfway through, so that I could play from where I kept crash landing, and the game wouldn't let me progress in the campaign, kept making me repeat the same mission. :(:music_whistling:

Wish I'd have known that a while back (assuming it was common knowledge) because I edited a mission in the UH-1H campaign that I kept failing halfway through, so that I could play from where I kept crash landing, and the game wouldn't let me progress in the campaign, kept making me repeat the same mission. :(:music_whistling:

Happened to me as well, except I never did bother to edit the logbook. I kept flying and kept crashing. :lol: It's a luxury being able to learn as you go, in a simulator. :P

I had controller issues, which I have resolved by programming them all by hand. My backups were not recognised.

And after some fiddling, I found that my mouse clicks have changed when using the F-86F. ( I never touched the mouse configuration, never need to ) but now what used to be a left click in the cockpit, is now a right click. Probably just my end, but doesnt hurt to mention it.

My only consistant Problem is trying to get online. I try to sign in and nothing happens for about 10-15 seconds before a dialogue box appears stating it can not connect to the Master Server.

As I usually never experience the same issues many do during updates. This is pretty much the first time I have had things change negatively. Its always been better after every update for me. So because of that, I am not sure how to start to fix it other than a Repair ( done 3 times ) or its usually delete some file and let the program re-create it. In this case, I am not sure what the fix is.

Only if you have the SU-25T Training Missions Installed.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong,but surely anyone who has downloaded 'DCS WORLD' will have the SU-25T training installed it's one of the free aircraft modules that come with it,....how could you not have this installed? :doh:

Like others here,I won't update until fix is released,it's a no brainer.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Shoot me down if I'm wrong,but surely anyone who has downloaded 'DCS WORLD' will have the SU-25T training installed it's one of the free aircraft modules that come with it,....how could you not have this installed? :doh:

urm..the Training missions have to be downloaded seperatly..

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Like others here,I won't update until fix is released,it's a no brainer.

The training missions are not automatically installed. You have to install them from within the training menu.

Ok so the temp fix is to delete the manually installed DCSW and FC3 training missions....to be clear for ALL , where's the the exact file directory for these training missions.. ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

urm..the Training missions have to be downloaded seperatly..

Hehe,..............oh,right,:doh:I thought this was refering to the training tutorials that come with the Su-25T module within DCS World.

...........I'll get my coat,lol.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Ok so the temp fix is to delete the manually installed DCSW and FC3 training missions....to be clear for ALL , where's the the exact file directory for these training missions.. ?

seems like the Problem are only the SU-25T Missions..just start DCS World go to Training..select SU-25T..if there are any Training Modules..uninstall them (there is a button)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

seems like the Problem are only the SU-25T Missions..just start DCS World go to Training..select SU-25T..if there are any Training Modules..uninstall them (there is a button)

okidok.. thx

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I lost ALL Modules with the recent Update

As described in the last few posts at THIS THREAD, I lost ALL my Modules with the recent update and have not found a solution.

I did uninstall the Su25 Training Missions ... all that left me with is More that I need to re-download.

As far as all my modules go, I am only left with the option to re-purchase them as they do not show up in my Module Manager (not even as an option to purchase .... can only do that from Main Screen in DCSW).

It's very disconcerting !

SnowTiger:joystick: