In the list of bugfixes for the 1.2 update, what does this mean?

Anatoli-Kagari9

• ED Team

I answered, but it possibly sank in the whole thread.

It's a bad translation issue. Stab and ELEVATOR. Because of elevator and stab is rotated independantly there are some differencies in AFM in accounting it. Now they work as they must but the differencies in trim are minor. Now the plane can be trimmed at landing speed.

The possible reason is that in German all three types of control surfaces are RUDDER. :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The possible reason is that in German all three types of control surfaces are RUDDER. :)

That's true... Querruder, Seitenruder und Höhenruder are aileron, rudder and elevator respectively. :smartass:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• ED Team
That's true... Querruder, Seitenruder und Höhenruder are aileron, rudder and elevator respectively. :smartass:

Yes, and the English speaking Russian programmer operated with the German original manuals and could write "Rudder". :)

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yes, and the English speaking Russian programmer operated with the German original manuals could write "Rudder". :)

off topic for sure, but how much german knew the "English speaking Russian programmer operated with the German original manual" BEFORE getting into the 190? guess you learned quite a bit there, as i did 25 years back when almost all games where english only ;)

regards,

RR

Edited by Roadrunner
spelling errors...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I wonder if take off problems was solved by patch?

Im quite new with D-9 but have no problem with P-51 at take off.

I think something is not exacly correct with taking off in D-9 expecially during rise tail gear at ab. 170 km/h when plane loose a lot stability. I have some experience IRL with taildragers ( not such powerfull) but i cant belive that it should be such problem like in DCS with rise the tailwheel at such speeds. Something is not right for me here.

Funny thing for me is that both in P-51 and D-9 landings are far more easier then take off. From my real life experience take offs are much more easier in taildragers then landings. Someting is not right here for me.

I think something is not exacly correct with taking off in D-9 expecially during rise tail gear at ab. 170 km/h when plane loose a lot stability. I have some experience IRL with taildragers ( not such powerfull) but i cant belive that it should be such problem like in DCS with rise the tailwheel at such speeds. Something is not right for me here.

If you're holding the tail down and only letting it rise at 170kph, you're doing it wrong, as that's about take off speed.

Let the tail come up at about 100kph, centre the stick on pitch axis, add a small amount of right stick to counter the left roll, and it'll take off perfectly level and easily at ~170kph.

With P-51 take off is strengly easier without take off flaps so you could right that with D-9 could be similar.

I checked D-9 with flaps and the best is to raise tail about 150 kph - little less or little more and plane became very unstalbe. It is similar to P-51 with take off flaps.

I think these is not exacly correct. I think rising tail should be ok between 100-150 km/h in both of these planes without such problems also with take off flaps which should rather help with taking off then disturb like in DCS.

The Fw190 raises the tail autmatically at around 170 with t/o flaps and stick neutral. The only thing I really had to learn was to re-center the stick earlier, at around 100-120 so that I don't pull her off the runway too early. But besides some rudder work, she gets airborne more or less completely on her own.

I tried with new update and now is much better to take off.

I tried both with take off flaps and without flaps.

Good result give trim up ab. + 1 deg.

I think ED and Yo-Yo made brilant job with flight model and flight physic both P-51 and Fw 190 D-9.

With new update and notice that rudder working was corrected and now it is more realistic to me. Before it was more like in Battle of Stalingrand Fw 190 ( and others) - before it was more roll effect with full rudder usege.

Actually both P-51 and Fw 190 D-9 from DCS are the best modeled prop planes i ever tried in sims. Regard flight model of Fw 190 D-9 in DCS these plane fly like i think it should fly. Cant wait for 109.

Very good work !!!

Agree, TO and landings work better for me since the update.

For starts with TO flaps be sure to trim it fully nose heavy and let the joystick center at ~150km/h. It will smothly raise the tail and almost lift up on it's own that way.

Landing behaviour feels more realistic now. Personally I preferr the current FM over the old one.

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]