F-15C fuel tank jettison question

thejimreaper

Hello fellow aerial predators, I have been flying the F-15C AFM in the Flaming Cliffs 3 module a while now and I am having an unusual issue with jettisoning the fuel tanks.

At first I could only jettison the tanks after flying for a while, which I assumed was because the tanks were full and the simulator would not let me jettison until they were empty and that seemed to be the case, because I could jettison them after my fuel indicator dropped below the halfway mark.

But now, no matter how full or empty the tanks are I cannot jettison them, even after I'm at the bingo fuel mark.

Strangely enough, I CAN jettison them with keyboard commands, whether they are full or empty, the same keyboard commands are mapped into my X52 joystick/throttle controls and the button that I use to jettison is active in my X52 joystick/throttle control panel.

I have also tried mapping the keyboard jettison commands to other buttons on my X52 controls and that does not work either.

Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks in advance !

Not at home so I can't check, does the x52 profiler differentiate between left-alt and right-alt? Try setting the keyboard command to something without a shift state (alt key), and then map that key to the joystick. Also check for conflicts between a button programmed in the profiler and a button programmed within DCSI only use the keyboard to jettison an have no problem.

Using the X55's and what I had to do was "New Advanced Command". Click the first box, press and hold the keys. Click the second box, continue hold, click the third box, let go all keys. Works great now, never an issue.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I sent an email to tech support and this is the reply I received about this issue.

From Wags (Matt Wagner) at 16.09.2014 15:16:10

Please reset your controls by deleting your users/<name>/saved games/DCS/config/input folder

I did this and then restarted my computer and now it works fine, maybe this post will help anybody else having the same problem