Update corrupted

Vespa

I need some help....I started the update to latest version...while updating DCS I got a message about a missing SU-25 png file, updating interrupted and now, when I start DCS, I cannot find A-10C, HU-1, COmbined Arm and P-51 modules I've had bought and installed in game. Any help?

Thanks Skatezilla...I have removed SU-25 training stuff...but update doesn't start again,,,additional, installing Mig-.21 module I got the following error message:

Installed version 1.2.10.30996.495 does not match zipdb version 1.2.10.32095.521.

Thanks for any feedback

The update does not completely update or the update does not start?

Did you tell it to update, or did you just click the DCSW Icon on the desktop?

It only automatically checks for Update once per 24 hours, so you'd have to manually run the updater

Start Orb/Programs/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Updater

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In some way update started and completed...seems.

Some notes:

Looking for the updater I found it into ../DCS World/bin/DCS_updater.exe Is this correct?

After performed update I find in DCS World/mods folder two more folders...Aircraft and aircrafts.

In Aircraft folder I can find all previous Aircraft folder. In aircrafts (with final "s") I find the Ka-50 folder with just Cockpit and Liveries folder in it.

In the DCS World/Mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/Liveries folder there is a Cockpit_P51-D subfolder....with default/description.lua file in it. Looks weird to find a P51D folder-file in FW-190D installation !? I find same foled in P-51D installation

Oh my...looks like a mess! (sorry)

• ED Team

Some notes:

Looking for the updater I found it into ../DCS World/bin/DCS_updater.exe Is this correct?

After performed update I find in DCS World/mods folder two more folders...Aircraft and aircrafts.

In Aircraft folder I can find all previous Aircraft folder. In aircrafts (with final "s") I find the Ka-50 folder with just Cockpit and Liveries folder in it.

what's in those folders?

In the DCS World/Mods/aircraft/FW-190D9/Liveries folder there is a Cockpit_P51-D subfolder....with default/description.lua file in it. Looks weird to find a P51D folder-file in FW-190D installation !? I find same foled in P-51D installation

Oh my...looks like a mess! (sorry)

it's the way it is. not that it should be this way, but your install is correct.

btw, the fix for your original issue is in openbeta now. thanks for the reporting.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Thanks for feedback c0ff

what's in those folders?

Do you mean what's in aircrafts folder? (with the final "s").

There is just Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50\english\description.lua file. Nothing else.

In DCS World\Mods\Aircraft folder (without "s") there are all the Aircrafts I have bought with the working installation and folder

• ED Team
Do you mean what's in aircrafts folder? (with the final "s").

There is just Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50\english\description.lua file. Nothing else.

weird. did you ever touch this file? any mod or whatever?

In DCS World\Mods\Aircraft folder (without "s") there are all the Aircrafts I have bought with the working installation and folder

that's correct.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Some notes:

Yes.

If the update complete the version number on the bottom right of the main screen (near Exit) should indicate the correct version.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
Never had this module....but....I've had installed a MOD in previous version including a folder with personalized livery. Maybe this caused the issue?

definitely. not that it's an issue though. the updater tries to not touch what it does not own.

I'd suggest running Repair DCS World. I had similar problems, and after removing training videos for Su-25T everything went fine. Just in case I performed repair option, than again update, and everything seems to work fine. One more thing to do is to remove input data from WinDir:\Users\[YourName]\Saved Games\DCS\Config.

Interesting thing, that after update I have "Aircrafts" folder in Mods directory as well, but with Mi-8 instead ;) Anyway, all works well.