VIDEOS

outlawal2

fraps + youtube + a video converter

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
.. + a video converter

..aka video editing software. :P

I use Fraps as well, for recording.

Been out of the game too long about looking around for other video editing software, since myself, I've only been using 3 programs: Windows movie maker 2.0 (Windows XP days, yey), Sony Vegas (still using) and Adobe After Effects (not really ment for editing entire videos, but primarily for visual effects/graphics design etc..).

I'm sure there are some decent free video editing programs out there that you can use and get you started. :)

*Edit, maybe follow this link, I think some of these might work:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264

Edited by Glowing_Amraam

Thanks for the replies folks.. Really appreciate it...

I currently have several apps for video editing, my main question was how to record within the game to generate the footage in the first place and it appears FRAPS is the answer...

I am still going to checkout a few of those free versions anyway... Simplification is a great thing and if I can find one that does what I need and is SIMPLE to use then all the better.. Besides, who can argue with FREE?

Thanks folks!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Thanks for the replies folks.. Really appreciate it...

I currently have several apps for video editing, my main question was how to record within the game to generate the footage in the first place and it appears FRAPS is the answer...

I am still going to checkout a few of those free versions anyway... Simplification is a great thing and if I can find one that does what I need and is SIMPLE to use then all the better.. Besides, who can argue with FREE?

Thanks folks!

Hey :)

i will never suggest fraps, it drops the framerate so much, you can try out Mirillis Action and Dxtory, both are great recorders and they won't impact on your framerate at all. I use Mirillis Action and you have no idea how good it is at its job.

edit: also, i record live while flying and if i get an awesome shot or something interesting happens i save the track so i can record with different camera angles during the action running the track multiple times.

While i record i start editing with softwares like Adobe After Effects for complex editing (maybe intros and stuff) and Sony Vegas to create and compose the final video itself. I often choose a soundtrack and start editing around it, tuning the footage with the track i'm using.

The last step is uploading to youtube, choosing a good title, description and tags.

Al those steps are important and you just need experience, you'll get used to it :thumbup:

Let me know if you have any specific question!

I make cinematic videos using flying simulators of all types! Give my Youtube Channel a visit :D

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Hey :)

i will never suggest fraps, it drops the framerate so much, you can try out Mirillis Action and Dxtory, both are great recorders and they won't impact on your framerate at all. I use Mirillis Action and you have no idea how good it is at its job.

edit: also, i record live while flying and if i get an awesome shot or something interesting happens i save the track so i can record with different camera angles during the action running the track multiple times.

While i record i start editing with softwares like Adobe After Effects for complex editing (maybe intros and stuff) and Sony Vegas to create and compose the final video itself. I often choose a soundtrack and start editing around it, tuning the footage with the track i'm using.

The last step is uploading to youtube, choosing a good title, description and tags.

Al those steps are important and you just need experience, you'll get used to it :thumbup:

Let me know if you have any specific question!

Thank you I will check Mirillis Action and Dxtory out!:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO