Can Steam modules be activated outside of Steam?

Archer7

Can I get some help please ? Stated here that if I have DCS World downloaded here then I can still buy modules from Steam ? I've just tried to buy Huey and A10C and a message came up saying I don't have DCS World installed so I can't buy them. Any ideas ?

Tony

Can I get some help please ? Stated here that if I have DCS World downloaded here then I can still buy modules from Steam ? I've just tried to buy Huey and A10C and a message came up saying I don't have DCS World installed so I can't buy them. Any ideas ?

Tony

What exactly are you trying to do?

Buy DCS MOdules from Steam to use with ED's Installer?

If so, DCS has to still be in your Library to purchase the DLC.

Goto DCSW Page for Steam, Choose to install, let it start, wait till it gets to 1%, Stop/Pause the Download. Then goto the options and choose to never/manual update, Right click it, and choose delete local files.

Steam will leave a /DCS World/ Folder with a few small files in it so the Steam Program will continue to list it in your library.

from there, you can buy DLC, License Key will be added to the DCSW DLC List.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes Skate.....I have DCS World and Flaming Cliffs 3 purchased from DCS direct....trying to buy Huey and A10C on sale at steam but it will not let me....says DCS world not installed.....baffled ????

Tony

Just seen your update....trying now mate....will let you know.

Edited by Techy111
As per mod edit.