Missing Modules

Speedbrake

I performed the latest update. Got the "couldn't move Su-25 file" message. But the program seemed to update after that except three of my modules went "missing in action" I had the Mi-8 MTV2, Fw-190D-9 and F-86F modules installed. Now they don't show up in the module manager or in the "can be purchased" part of the module manager. I tried to go into a Fw-190D-9 mission and it opened with the A-10C photo along with the briefing and it entered outside the cockpit. In the mission editor I could not select Player as the pilot.

WTF???

I performed the latest update. Got the "couldn't move Su-25 file" message. But the program seemed to update after that except three of my modules went "missing in action" I had the Mi-8 MTV2, Fw-190D-9 and F-86F modules installed. Now they don't show up in the module manager or in the "can be purchased" part of the module manager. I tried to go into a Fw-190D-9 mission and it opened with the A-10C photo along with the briefing and it entered outside the cockpit. In the mission editor I could not select Player as the pilot.

WTF???

It did not fully update.

Boot DCS, Uninstall the Training missions, and re-do the update.

A Fix/Update for this is in testing.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Delete Training Missions....from all modules or just the Su-25???

just the 25 AFAIK.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Success!!

Thanks! I deleted the Su-25T Training missions, redid the update and all worked well EXCEPT:

FYI

I noticed that I could not find my own Mission Editor created missions for any of my modules. I went into the "Mod" folder and saw that there were now two folders (1)aircraft and (2)aircrafts. My missions were found under the "aircrafts" folder and when I copied them to the "Aircraft" folder, it all worked out. :cry:

All Modules Gone after Update

I too lost ALL my modules (except for the Free Modules) with the latest update.

Oddly, I can repurchase them again from the Main Page but not from the Module Manager Page.

I Uninstalled the Su25 Training Missions as someone suggested in this Thread and restarted DCS but it Did NOT appear to Re-Update.

Furthermore, now I have to re-download ALL of the Su25 Training Missions/Videos.

But most importantly, WHERE are all my Modules ?

and/or

How can I fix this ?

or

How do I get DCS to Update Again ?

Please Help ... Anyone !

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks for that Vespa.

I will try that out right now and report back with the results ASAP.

Thanks again.

UPDATE EDIT

Well I did try the DCS_Updater.exe (manual update) but that too failed to restore my Modules.

After trying it once, I rebooted my System and then tried the manual update again .... Still Nothing.

I seem to be having a Serious Issue here !!!

It's quite disturbing but I'm sure a solution will be provided soon ... at least I'm hopeful !!

Edited by SnowTiger
Update Edit to Previous Reply

Missing Modules Cont'd

I have tried all the suggestions I have found and have even tried doing a System Restore to go back to yesterday (before I got the Update). Of course that didn't work either.

I also tried doing another Manual Update after all that ... Nope.

So I'm Stumped !!

There must be a solution .... that does Not require a full reinstall !!!

SnowTiger I had the same issue as you and I think I figured it out. Go to your DCS World folder and then go to the Mods folder. There should be a folder called aircraft and a folder called aircrafts. Copy the files in the aircraft folder into the aircrafts folder.

The other way around (aircrafts -> aircraft) would be probably better as "aircraft" is how the folder is named now. Otherwise next time you do a repair or update it will be renamed anyways (but probably re-downloading all your modules once again).

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

After a few days of frustration and trying multiple things to resolve the matter (including moving the contents of Aircrafts to Aircraft), I ultimately ended up Un-Installing DCS World and everything that goes with it and Re-Installing it and All my Mods ... again.

Luckily for me, since I have a new hard drive (thanks to a really serious PC Virus I got at the end of July), I didn't lose any Settings because I was only recently starting to set everything up again. Unfortunately, as you all know, this can be a very long and trying experience to say the least. But it's gotta be done !!

I'll have BS 2 and P 51 up and running again very soon.

I probably won't attempt any of my Warthog Sims for a while !!

Thanks again everyone.