Req- X-55 Rhino Profile

KrizzKaliko

I don't think a full profile is really necessary, there aren't many complicated HOTAS functions. All I did was go into the game menu, setup the curves as outlined in the manual, and then bound various switches to their closest representatives on the stick and throttle. For example, castle hat up/down for trim, thumb button for weapons release, red button a for lock, side button on stick for recovery mode, paddle for the brakes, etc.

I would seriously suggest getting used to setting up your own controls in DCS for two major reasons.

1.) It is pretty simple, once you do it a couple of times, you will not see it as a daunting task at all and as a bonus, it makes learning planes easier since you don't need to also learn how someone else set up the controls.

2.) It is faster, you won't need to go on forums looking for profiles that may or may not end up suiting your needs, you can just hop in the controls section of the options menu and go nuts without any fuss at all.

I say all this because I used to be the exact same way when I got my first HOTAS, I would scour the internet looking for profiles only to find that they were not built the way I would like and were often illogically set up, after a bit of that, I opted to make my own and while it was hard at first, it quickly became very, very easy to do.

Finally, You don't need to mess with your joystick's software much with DCS, most every binding you will need to do can be done in the sim's controls binding section of the option menu.

I've got the Rhino as well, although I don't have a completed profile yet. What I like to do is play the game, and map controls that seem important as I come across them. So far I've only mapped about 6 different things apart from setting curvature, deadzones, etc.

But like the others say, create your own profile that way you can use your own preferences (one thing I use across all aircraft is using what's closest to the TMS switch on the A-10 or F-16 for lock, forward to lock and back to unlock, even if the aircraft doesn't have a system like that.) Plus, I find it easier to memorize that way.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

My only issue with the x55 rhino is the fact that you cannot have a shift switch match multiple buttons to one trigger or switch this makes a complicated because the software should have this include it for example I can include flop soft on G one but I cannot do flaps down and she won because there's no way to set a shift switch if anyone knows how please let me know when I would not have a problem doing this

After hours of trying to make a profile I give up. I cannot do this, if anyone has a x-55 profile set up, send me a pm or post here il take anything and learn your way. I cannot make a profile I just don't know how to use the software then get it into game and im not really ready to learn that...

:|