With 1.2.10.32, American roundel and US codes are always present...

Skulleader

Hello,

Since the new upgrade 1.2.10.32 I have one problem with all my skins from the members artists of this forum.

In fact with all my skins I've always the American roundel and US codes.

As it's not easy I join you one screenshot of this problem:

Screen_140918_004043.jpg~original

Please do you have on solution ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

I have the same thing Skull. Even get the new emblems overlayed the old ones. I am clueless how to fix this.:cry:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi fellas,

It seems they added a US Decals file to the textures, I'm trying to figure out how to turn it off in the description.lua files for my skins, ie: Decals EMPTY;false, etc, but no joy so far. Working on it ;)

On a happier note, there are now left and right gun ports, so ver. 2.0 of my camo RCAF skins will have green gun ports on the left and grey on the right, just like the real deal :)

Stand by...

Hello,

Since the new upgrade 1.2.10.32 I have one problem with all my skins from the members artists of this forum.

In fact with all my skins I've always the American roundel and US codes.

As it's not easy I join you one screenshot of this problem:

Screen_140918_004043.jpg~original

Please do you have on solution ?

I Covered this in my Template Thread,

What was Done for v1.2.10.32095

-Transitioned New Internal Textures,

-Transitioned New Gun Textures (Now Each Barrel has it's Own Texture)

-Created Reference Layers for Markings ( TFS Stripes, User can Easily Change Colors from Black/Yellow to Whatever they Need)

-Adjusted Layer Sorting, Moved some Misplaced Layers to the correct group.

-Also Note there is Now a New DECAL Layer and Texture for the Fuselage and Wings, See the Updated Material / Description.lua names below.

Material Names Code For Livery description.lua file creation:

livery = {
{"F86_MAIN", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, -- Fuselage Diffuse Texture
{"F86_MAIN", 1,"f-86f_main_NM", false}, -- Fuselage Normals Texture
{"F86_MAIN", 2,"f-86f_main_SPEC", false}, -- Fuselage Specular Texture
       {"F86_MAIN", 3,"F-86F_DECAL", false}, -- Fuselage And Wing Decal Layer --New for 1.2.10.32095
{"F86_Cockpit", 0, "f-86f_cockpit", false}, -- External Mesh Cockpit Texture
{"GLASS", 0,"f-86f_glass", false}, -- Ext Mesh Canopy Glass Diffuse Texture
{"GLASS", 2,"f-86f_glass_spec", false}, -- Ext Mesh Canopy Glass Specular Texture
{"Fuel_Tank_120gal", 0, "fuel_tank_120gal", false},-- 120GAL Fuel Tank Diffuse Texture
{"Fuel_Tank_120gal", 1, "fuel_tank_120gal_NM", false},-- 120GAL Fuel Tank Normals Texture
{"Fuel_Tank_120gal", 2, "fuel_tank_120gal_SPEC", false},-- 120GAL Fuel Tank Specular Texture
{"F86_GEAR", 0, "f-86f_gear", false}, -- Landing Gear Diffuse Texture
{"F86_GEAR", 1, "f-86f_gear_nm", false}, -- Landing Gear Normals Texture
{"F-86_Front_Wheels", 0, "f-86f_front_wheel_dif", false}, -- Nose Wheel Diffuse Texture
{"F-86_Front_Wheels", 1, "f-86f_front_wheel_nm", false}, -- Nose Wheel Normals Texture
{"F-86_Main_Wheels_R", 0, "f-86f_main_wheel_dif", false}, -- Right Main Wheel Diffuse Texture
{"F-86_Main_Wheels_R", 1, "f-86f_main_wheel_nm", false}, -- Right Main Wheel Normals Texture
{"F-86_Main_Wheels_L", 0, "f-86f_main_wheel_dif", false}, -- Left Main Wheel Diffuse Texture
{"F-86_Main_Wheels_L", 1, "f-86f_main_wheel_nm", false}, -- Left Main Wheel Normals Texture
{"F86_PYLON_AIM9b", 0, "f-86f_pylon_AIM9b", false}, -- AIM9/GAR8 Pylon Diffuse Texture
{"F86_PYLON_AIM9b", 1, "f-86f_pylon_AIM9b_NM", false}, -- AIM9/GAR8 Pylon Normals Texture
{"F86_PYLON_AIM9b", 2, "f-86f_pylon_AIM9b_SPEC", false}, -- AIM9/GAR8 Pylon Specular 
{"F86_PYLONS", 0, "f-86f_pylons", false}, -- Pylons Diffuse Texture
{"F86_PYLONS", 1, "f-86f_pylons_NM", false}, -- Pylons Normals Texture
{"F86_PYLONS", 2, "f-86f_pylons_SPEC", false}, -- Pylons Specular Texture
{"Pylon_AERO3b", 0, "aero-3b", false}, -- Aero3B Pylon Diffuse Texture
{"Pylon_AERO3b", 1, "aero-3b_NM", false}, -- Aero3B Pylon Normals Texture
{"Pylon_AERO3b", 2, "aero-3b_SPEC", false}, -- Aero3B Pylon Specular Texture
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 3,"f-86f_bort_number", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 3,"f-86f_bort_number", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 3,"f-86f_bort_number", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 3, "f-86f_bort_number_tail", false}, -- Tail Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 3, "f-86f_bort_number_tail", false}, -- Tail Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 3, "f-86f_bort_number_tail", false}, -- Tail Bort Number Decal Layer
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
}

name = "Template Description"
countries = {
"USA",
}

So Basically,

-Download the empty.dds from my thread, (Most Liveries have this already to make the stock BORT Numbers invisible.)

-Place it in the same folder as the livery textures/description.lua

-Open the Description.lua and add:

{"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty", false}

Save File, Close.

Boom. No More USAF Decals:

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's got it!

Thanks SkateZilla :)

BTW, is there a way to use substitute textures for the internal cockpit by editing the description.lua in each livery folder, or is it "one for all" by changing them in the main F-86 textures folder?

Edited by jocko417

That's got it!

Thanks SkateZilla :)

BTW, is there a way to use substitute textures for the internal cockpit by editing the description.lua in each livery folder, or is it "one for all" by changing them in the main F-86 textures folder?

{"F86_Cockpit", 0, "f-86f_cockpit", false}, -- External Mesh Cockpit Texture

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

No, I mean INTERNAL, the cockpit as seen by the player, not the external view.

The ones named Cockpit1, Cockpit2, etc.

I'm at work right now, but I'm pretty sure you can.

Hello Skatezilla,

In first I would like to thank you for your explanations, but one thing that I cannot understand...

So I've downloaded your "empty.dds" and I've placed it in the same folder as the livery textures, exemple for this skin: "USAF Skyblazers".

After I've edited the "description.lua" of the "USAF Skyblazers" and I've added your syntax: {"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty.dds", false}.

But one thing do not work, here I join you the description of the "USAF Skyblazers":

livery = {

{"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty.dds", false}

{"F86_MAIN", 0, "f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false};

--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 3,"empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 3,"empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 3,"empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 3, "empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 3, "empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 3, "empty", false},

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"Fuel_Tank_120gal", 0, "fuel_tank_120gal_USAFStars", false},

}

countries = {"USA"}

EDIT:

With these two lines don't work:

With this line don't work:

With this line I can see the USA roundel:

Please can you tell me where is my mistake ?

I'm at work right now, but I'm pretty sure you can.

Yeah, it would make sense, I just haven't been able to get it to work yet since I don't know the official naming convention for those texture files in the description, and what I've tried obviously isn't correct.

Thanks again :)

Hello Skatezilla,

In first I would like to thank you for your explanations, but one thing that I cannot understand...

So I've downloaded your "empty.dds" and I've placed it in the same folder as the livery textures, exemple for this skin: "USAF Skyblazers".

After I've edited the "description.lua" of the "USAF Skyblazers" and I've added your syntax: {"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty.dds", false}.

But one thing do not work, here I join you the description of the "USAF Skyblazers":

EDIT:

With these two lines don't work:

With this line don't work:

With this line I can see the USA roundel:

Please can you tell me where is my mistake ?

You have some Syntax Errors.

After the Closing Bracket there needs to be a , not a ; and the first line needs to be below the 2nd line,

Ie: (This is not a Complete Livery File Code, just the corrected part you posted.)

livery = {
{"F86_MAIN", 0, "f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},
{"F86_MAIN", 3, "empty", false},

--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 3,"empty", false}, 
--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 3,"empty", false}, 
--{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 3,"empty", false}, 

--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 3, "empty", false}, 
--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 3, "empty", false}, 
--{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 3, "empty", false}, 

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false}, 
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false}, 
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false}, 

{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false}, 
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false}, 
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF_USAFStars", false},

{"Fuel_Tank_120gal", 0, "fuel_tank_120gal_USAFStars", false},

} 
countries = {"USA"}

Edited by SkateZilla

Yeah, it would make sense, I just haven't been able to get it to work yet since I don't know the official naming convention for those texture files in the description, and what I've tried obviously isn't correct.

Thanks again :)

I thought there was a description.lua and livery folder for the cockpit already, will double check when I get home, and look into it,

I believe that's how we have English/Russian Pits for some aircraft.

Sorry to add to your woes SkateZilla but I have placed the empty.dds in folder and line in lua and it wiped out my entire livery in game but left the default in-game korea scheme and the new markings?

Also in the model viewer I can see my livery but its now only just visible beneath the orange skin. It is obviously being obscured by the decal layer.

Its a bit of a kick in the knickers but not unexpected with an ongoing beta release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to add to your woes SkateZilla but I have placed the empty.dds in folder and line in lua and it wiped out my entire livery in game but left the default in-game korea scheme and the new markings?

Also in the model viewer I can see my livery but its now only just visible beneath the orange skin. It is obviously being obscured by the decal layer.

Its a bit of a kick in the knickers but not unexpected with an ongoing beta release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

please attach your entire description.lua. and list the livery used,

I'll check this when I get home, But I had zero issues last night with the latest 1.2.10 and using the empty dds to remove the Decal Layer.

Edited by SkateZilla

Problem solved !!! Thanks Crazyeddie.

I had actually done what you suggested but on reading your entry again I suddenly had a feeling I had missed something and sure enough I had forgotten to put the comma on the end of the entry. Thanks matey.

Skatezilla cancel my last request old chap. Thanks anyway for all your efforts and, above all, for your template.

I'll have to reupload my skins again now....

oops, yeah, sorry, file name extensions cause that problem, along with missing comma's at the end of the line.

Edited by SkateZilla

Problem solved !!! Thanks Crazyeddie.

I had actually done what you suggested but on reading your entry again I suddenly had a feeling I had missed something and sure enough I had forgotten to put the comma on the end of the entry. Thanks matey.

Skatezilla cancel my last request old chap. Thanks anyway for all your efforts and, above all, for your template.

I'll have to reupload my skins again now....

And I patiently await the re-uploaded skins :)

It's okay mate, we still think you are perfect, and if you're not your work is.

Just adding my thanks to the well deserved heap.

Hey, I send my thanks to you both. Without you guys I wouldn't NEVER have been able to figure out the "fix" by myself. :thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

So I just put emty.dds in skin folder & add

livery = {

{"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty.dds", false}, in description.lua ?

Thanx!

{"F86_MAIN", 3,"empty", false},

Hello guys,

A great thanks SkateZilla for all your explanations now all my skins work fine now.

Bye, Skull.