Cant slew guns with TrackIR, or anything, for that matter.

Synesthesia

It seems this is a somewhat convoluted issue here, so i'll just go ahead and ask.

I'm stumped in the armaments tutorial. I can't for the life of me, slew the miniguns. I have them selected, guns are armed, flexible sight is on, but, while trackIR works, the sight does not follow. I've tried disabling aiming by trackIR, but that does not work either.

However, i DO want to aim with trackIR.

I did a simple mission to check if it was a bug on the training mission, and the problem persists.

How can i troubleshoot/fix this? From the videos i've seen, most people have no problem aiming with trackIR.

probably the first thing I would try there:

I've got the same problem. I cannot control Flexible Sight or door gunners with trackir. BUT Aim with TrackIR is checked in misc options. Help!

EDIT: It works not! Woohoo. All I had to do was. Go into options, DISABLE aim with TrackIR, then start a mission.

Then exit the mission, and go to options and ENABLE aim with TrackIR. Now it works!

Flagrum, that did it!

I opened dcs, unchecked trackir aiming, closed dcs, opened a mission, closed it, reapplied the setting, closed dcs, and then reran it. Now it works. However, I now have the same problem as the guy from the other thread, in which I cannot switch to the gunner position.

On closer inspection, it seems that the huey on the training mission, has no gunner. Maybe this is an older mission, and an update screwed that up? I'll report back later on that front. In any case, thanks a lot. I was getting frustrated!