Saitek X-52 Pro Profile Editor keeps crashing

I'm a long-time fan of DCS products and I have just gotten a new Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS joystick and throttle. While the setup works great with DCS World, I'm having a problem with Saitek's Profile Editor and as Saitek no longer hosts a forum I thought I'd see if anybody might be able to help me here. I hope this isn't too off-topic.

Whenever I try to add a “pinkie” command in the Profile Editor, the editor will suddenly post a message saying that it has crashed and I should shut it down (sometimes I also get an error from Microsoft .NET Framework). I shut the Profile Editor down, restart it, and everything seems okay, but from then on none of my programming commands work; they will not display in the Profile Editor's Test Profile window, nor do they show up in a text file nor work in any DCS World sim. Neither shutting down and restarting the Profile Editor nor the Profiler will restore key command functionality.

Unfortunately, the ONLY way to restore key command functionality to the X-52 Pro is to completely restart my computer; once restarted, they work fine—so long as I don’t try editing any profiles. This is really annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

******************** SYSTEM SPECS ********************

CPU: Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 780 v340.52

Primary monitor: HP ZR24w 1920x1200

Secondary monitor: NEC 90GX2 1280X1024

RAM: 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600

Power supply: 750w

Mouse: Logitec G602 Gaming Mouse

Keyboard: Logitech G510 USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro

Other USB devices:

Razer Tartarus Keypad

Wacom Intuos tablet model PTK-440

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

I get the same issue. I manage to edit profiles but get the same crashes also. I find leaving the throttle in it's up position helps, and when editing a mode + pinky command it helps to have the mode dial in whatever mode you're editing and press and hold the pinky button whilst editing the button you want to edit.

Only solution I can offer, other than a reboot, for when the crashes happen, is to close the profiler and unplug/plug in your X52 Pro after it happens. I've tried disabling/enabling the stick in Device Manager but Win7 almost always tells me I have to reboot...

I've looked and I don't think there is a better way around it. It's just buggy software.

I get the same issue. I manage to edit profiles but get the same crashes also. I find leaving the throttle in it's up position helps, and when editing a mode + pinky command it helps to have the mode dial in whatever mode you're editing and press and hold the pinky button whilst editing the button you want to edit.

Only solution I can offer, other than a reboot, for when the crashes happen, is to close the profiler and unplug/plug in your X52 Pro after it happens. I've tried disabling/enabling the stick in Device Manager but Win7 almost always tells me I have to reboot...

I've looked and I don't think there is a better way around it. It's just buggy software.

Thanks Raven. I'll give your suggestions a try. And there's some consolation in knowing that this isn't just my issue. :)

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5