Armament: F-86 vs. Mig-15, Which style do you prefer?

Ultra

Armament: F-86 vs. Mig-15, Which style do you prefer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Armament: F-86 vs. Mig-15, Which style do you prefer?

• F-86: More guns, less punch, more ammo
    • Mig-15: Less guns, bigger punch, less ammo

Which style of equipped guns do you prefer for "your" aircraft for older, dogfighting only planes? (no missiles)

A smaller number of heavier hitting, lower ammo cannons OR more small machine guns with more ammo

(Personally, I'm torn between the two)

Edited by Ultra

I like both types of armament, but for different roles. The F-86F is a fighter. The Mig-15bis is a bomber interceptor. In multiplayer, when I use the Sabre, my primary target will be the Fagot and the six guns should be well adapted for that task. In multiplayer, when I use the Fagot, my primary target will be bombers and my three cannons ought to be highly effective for that task. :thumbup:

That's a good point. A bigger punch definitely helps for bigger planes. I remember loving cannons for shredding bombers in European Air War when I was a kid. :joystick: :D

-I also forgot to add to the poll that machine guns usually have a faster velocity than cannons-

Looking forward to trying both "styles". Of course, I'm not the greatest shot so the more ammo the better.

You will prefer F-86 then, because MiG had a rather modest ammo supply - 40 rounds for 37mm and 80 rounds for each of 23's. We all gonna have to learn how to lob these watermelons with a pinpoint accuracy :D.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I love the F-86 now, but I would probably like having a MiG-15 to destroy bombers too. So no vote here. ( I remember how fun the P-63 was, when i learned to aim better.)

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: