View won't stop rolling upwards (DCS Black Shark 1)

Lampdude

Just got the game and every time I start a scenario, the view keeps going up. Like if I'm in the cockpit it's as if my pilot is looking upwards and then his head doing kind of a backflip. It's impossible to do anything when this is going on.

At the top of my screen, there is a small loading symbol, the windows 7 one you see after clicking something. The little blue circle. Only half of it is visible, it borders with the top of the screen and the bottom half is only visible as the other half is out of the picture. Can anyone tell me how to solve this? I can't imagine no one has experienced this. I am awful with computers so can you keep your answers understandable? Thanks!

By default 'View' controls could be assigned to some arbitrary buttons on the game controller. Therefore It can happen that button on controller is always pressed, so the effect would be like you described. I have similar problem when using default View mappings with TM Warthog if I don't fix this while assigning controls.

Try to check 'View' controls mappings in Options. Probably you need to remove some default View control mappings from your game controller device in order to work properly. Hope this helps.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

I have removed all key commands concerning head movement. Still, the view is rolling upwards. It's incredibly annoying because I've been dying to play this for years, and now I've gotta face this.

Any other ideas? I've even disconnected my mouse, keyboard, joystick, etc to see if that helps. Nope, still doing the same crap.

I have this issue with every module in DCS. I had to enter the options menu to fix it. Only enter the controls menu and leave it again, no changes had to be done. It's not very comfortable but it works ;)

Could you maybe reiterate on that? You just went into the control menu and then left and it worked?

Woo! Never mind guys. I figured it out. Recently I was experimenting with FacetrackNoIR for IL2, looks like during that process I downloaded something called "Vjoy" or "Virtual Joystick". I reset controls and then disabled all of the Vjoy bindings. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future if they run into something weird like this. I can't believe I actually figured this out lol. Thanks anyways!