New key binds wanted

Tango

Any of you guys had luck assigning the fishbed flaps functions to the hotas warthog flap switch through LUA editing?? I tried everything nothing works I have done all my other modules with no problems but now this is weird, the buttons are 3 different 2 way switches so how can you give it a 3 way state??:cry:

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Will there be ever a patch including this? I know I can write this commands with the guides in the forum myself, but this are still standard issues which should be solved by LNS. The module is great but still not finished. Also still standard DCS Engine sound.

Will there be ever a patch including this? I know I can write this commands with the guides in the forum myself, but this are still standard issues which should be solved by LNS. The module is great but still not finished. Also still standard DCS Engine sound.

What do you mean by "this"?

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Afterburner toggle on/off

Emergency Afterburner toggle on/off

Toggle is there now, but different commands for off/on are missing for the normal afterburner. The emer afterburner has both.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any of you guys had luck assigning the fishbed flaps functions to the hotas warthog flap switch through LUA editing?? I tried everything nothing works I have done all my other modules with no problems but now this is weird, the buttons are 3 different 2 way switches so how can you give it a 3 way state??:cry:

It is easy. I will look up the code for you in a minute. I do recomend using a seperate lua file for the warthog throttle. But it is not necessary.

Edited by 1.JaVA_Platypus

This is the code for using the flap switch on the Warthog Throttle to command your flaps on the MiG-21. First of all, you need to go into DCS and undo the keybindings you currently have for the Warthog Throttle Button 22 and Button 23. This is how DCS sees the flap switch, it sees them as these two buttons.

Next you need to exit DCS and go to the mods\aircraft\MiG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\Joystick\default.lua and open it with Notepad++ (NOT the standard windows notepad, Notepad++ is available for free, look for it on google) If you have a seperate Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua, you should open that one instead.

Inside one of these files, you should add the following lines. It doesn't really matter where you put them. I reccommend adding them somewhere on top of the file so you can easily find them for editing later on. But definitly add them below line 17.

--Alternate Flaps
{down=device_commands.Flaps0,  cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, up=device_commands.Flaps25, value_down=1.0, value_up=1.0, name='Alternate Flaps Up',   category='Flight Controls'},
{down=device_commands.Flaps45, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, up=device_commands.Flaps25, value_down=1.0, value_up=1.0, name='Alternate Flaps Down', category='Flight Controls'},

Go inside DCS again and there should be two more commands available for you to assign under the MiG-21\"Flight Controls" tab. They are called: "Alternate flaps up" and "Alternate flaps down". DCS does read the position of the flap switch.

Alternate flaps up should be: JOY_BTN22

Alternate flaps down should be: JOY_BTN23

You can also make a seperate Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua and use the code below. Now you don't need to assign them in DCS, they are assigned automatically.

--Alternate Flaps
{combos={{key = "JOY_BTN22"}},down=device_commands.Flaps0,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Up',category='Flight Controls'},
{combos={{key = "JOY_BTN23"}},down=device_commands.Flaps45,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Down',category='Flight Controls'},

Toggle is there now, but different commands for off/on are missing for the normal afterburner. The emer afterburner has both.

I don't have time to test this now. But drop these lines in your default.lua and tell me how the work...

I assume you want to assign the toggle switches of your Warthog throttle for the afterburners. If not, these shoud work anyways

--alternative afterburners
--alternative afterburners
{down=device_commands.ForsMax,	up=device_commands.ForsMax,	cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='alternative Afterburner/Maximum',		category='Engine'},
{down=device_commands.Chr,		up=device_commands.Chr, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='alternative Emergency Afterburner',	category='Engine'},

New key binds wanted

Awesome java! Thanks!! I am already using lua edits for the toggles but only recently discovered the command def lua, I tried to separate the CanopyClose and the CanopyOpen commands to a separate command like before but it's still toggle open/close even if I use only open or only close, is there any way to bring them back to a single state? Like the nav lights used to be off/low/med/high now it's only "nav lights" and works like a toggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dafiew

I haven't looked into the nav-lights or canopy open/close controls. I think the nav-lights switches need some looking into. The canopy open/close is rather simple I think. But wouldn't that be easier by just clicking it?

picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=7607

here's my setup, that's why I'd like to get separate functions looking out the window to know which states the nav lights is pointless when you have buttons available for it, they had it there before they removed them :( I tried to revert them back to single action but Close or Open now have a toggle action :doh:

I've reverted the Beta install to 1.2.something. It does come with the old default.lua for the keybinds. It says this about the Canopy:

-- Canopy
{combos={{key='C',reformers={'RCtrl'}}},down=device_commands.CanopyClose,up=device_commands.CanopyClose,cockpit_device_id=devices.CANOPY,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Canopy Close',category='Life support'},
{combos={{key='C',reformers={'RCtrl','RAlt'}}},down=device_commands.CanopyOpen,up=device_commands.CanopyOpen,cockpit_device_id=devices.CANOPY,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Canopy Open',category='Life support'},

The 1.5 canopy binding looks like this:

-- Canopy

{combos={{key='C',reformers={'RCtrl'}}},down=device_commands.CanopyClose,up=device_commands.CanopyClose,cockpit_device_id=devices.CANOPY,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Canopy Close/Open',category='Life support'},

So it appeared they deleted the Canopy-close command and made the Canopy-open command a toggle? If it is hard-coded as a toggle, you can't really do much about it. But maybe you can add the canopy-close command and maybe it still works?

These are the 1.2 bindings for the nav-lights. They probably did something similar to those as well. The switch has multiple positions.

-- Nav Lights
{combos={{key='L',reformers={'LShift'}}},			down=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.99,name='Nav Lights Max',category='Lights'},
{combos={{key='L',reformers={'LShift','LAlt'}}},	down=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.66,name='Nav Lights Med',category='Lights'},
{combos={{key='L',reformers={'LShift','LWin'}}},	down=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.33,name='Nav Lights Min',category='Lights'},
{combos={{key='L',reformers={'LShift','LCtrl'}}},	down=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.0,name='Nav Lights Off',category='Lights'},

Note, the above codes are straight from the default.lua files from Leatherneck. I did not modify anything on them.

That's what I did find out both close and open is a toggle now and the nav lights have been simplified to a toggle, why? Why dumb down the controls and not add a separate toggle !? We pay top dollar for the module with certain features and then they remove them and simplify stuff :( I want the most realistic experience possible and now that is taken away for simplification reasons. Why Leatherneck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should try the old 1.2 commands. Get rid of the (combos = key blablabla) and assign your own keycommand to it in DCS. A good chance they are still working. I uploaded the default.lua from the MiG-21 in DCS 1.2.

p.s. To any leatherneck people watching, it is not to criticize or anything, I am simply helping to make the MiG-21 module as much a joy to everybody as it is to me. :thumbup:

default.lua

I think you should try the old 1.2 commands. Get rid of the (combos = key blablabla) and assign your own keycommand to it in DCS. A good chance they are still working. I uploaded the default.lua from the MiG-21 in DCS 1.2.

p.s. To any leatherneck people watching, it is not to criticize or anything, I am simply helping to make the MiG-21 module as much a joy to everybody as it is to me. :thumbup:

Thanks Java, but no they are not working anymore, when I put my modded default LUA back in at the update it had a bunch of red commands in it and I had to reassign everything that was toggled with the new default file :(

have been simplified to a toggle, why? Why dumb down the controls and not add a separate toggle !?

For please the "Trojans", are a extensive topic with people - usually ones with stick like CH without toggle/flip switches, complaining about "wastage" of buttons with ON/OFF commands in Mig-21, they are used to press a button (G) for drop LG, press the same button (G) to raise LG... etc. And no, they don't want deal with joy soft' or keymapper to set a macro to do this with one button press for ON/OFF commands.

So this time the "Greeks" have to loose. This is the "sim world". :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

I agree with zaelu's statement.

We should have the option for realistic or simplified functions as the user desires.

Dumbing down commands/fucntions with no options makes it impractical for those who would like to build custom pits and panels, or those who like myself are very much into weapons and systems study (ATA Chapters. 22, 23, 24, 31, 34, etc..). While FC3 is a very superb product for what it is, I'll probable never purchase it.

Hope Leatherneck will reevaluate their policy in this area, as their Mig-21 has the potential of making an extreme study simulation.

+1

• 4 years later...
A toggle button for the mirror would be nice too. I usually fly with mirrors off because of the FPS hit but would like to turn it on for landings to make sure my chute deploys and jettisons.

Threadnomancy, but, a button for this thats addressable by the joystick would be super helpful

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Threadnomancy, but, a button for this thats addressable by the joystick would be super helpful

Are you referring to the "Toggle Mirror" command (M)? That should be easily achieved by copying this line from the "default.lua" under "keyboard" to the one under "joystick":

{combos={{key='M'}},down=iCommandToggleMirrors,name=_('Toggle Mirror'),category=_('View')},

you can actually leave out the "combo..." stuff and reduce it to this:

{down=iCommandToggleMirrors,name=_('Toggle Mirror'),category=_('View')},

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

thanks i will give it a go!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg