TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

This default.lua file when placed in the location specified by the file structure within the zipped archive will add the extra bindings:

3 Position

"Alternate Flaps Up"/"Alternate Flaps Down,"

"Alternate Gears Up"/"Alternate Gears Down"

"Alternate Landing Lights Land"/"Alternate Landing Lights Off"

"Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile"/"Alternate Weapon AA Mode - SAR Missile"

"Alternate Radar On"/"Alternate Radar Off"

"Alternate RSBN Mode: Descend"/"Alternate RSBN Mode: Landing"

"Alternate Nav Lights Min/Off"/"Alternate Nav Lights Max/Off"/"Alternate Nav Lights Max/Med"

"Alternate Low Altitude Antenna Tilt"/"Alternate Low Altitude Filter Off"

2 Position

"Alternate Gears Handle Lock released"

"Alternate Airbrakes On"

"Alternate Emergency Afterburner On"

"Alternate Engine Emergency Air Start On"

"Alternate Nosegear Brake On"

"Alternate APU On"

"Alternate Master Mode - Air"

"Alternate Landing Lights Land 2 Position Only"

"Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile 2 Position Only"

"Alternate Afterburner/Maximum On"

On the bindings with 2 options simply bind the up and down/on and off position to the respective positions on any of your 3 position switches, for the single bindings simply bind it to any of your two position switches. In this way the 3 position switches will have their middle position function as you would expect and the 2 position switches will have their down position function as expected as well.

This thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2289411 explains in detail the format of the keybinding lines in the Lua.

If anyone has any requests for other modified mappings I can look into adding them to this file.

10/05/2015:Sorry about not being around for a while, got busy with a house move and some things, I have ported my modification for the MiG-21Bis over to the DCS Beta now and have confirmed the functionality of all of the bindings except for "Alternate Landing Lights Land"/"Alternate Landing Lights Off", "Alternate Landing Lights Land 2 Position Only", and "Alternate Nav Lights Min/Off"/"Alternate Nav Lights Max/Off"/"Alternate Nav Lights Max/Med". The light related binding have been disabled until I have the chance to dig into the changes made regarding them to get them working again, also "Alternate Afterburner/Maximum On" appears to be buggy right now, the switch makes the moving sound when the corresponding warthog switch is flipped either direction and according to where the green cursor for flipping it is the switch is in the correct position however visually the switch appears stuck in the down position, I have not had a chance to test however the switch binding may function adequately. If anyone can chime in about whether the "Alternate Afterburner/Maximum On" binding is working or not that would be great, otherwise it may be a day or two before I have the chance to test it more.

MiG-21BIS Custom Controls.rar

MiG-21BIS Custom Controls (Beta DCS).rar

Edited by Colseg
Update for DCS 1.5 Beta
  • Like 16

Colseg,

In my installation the main DCS directory\Mods contains an "Aircraft" and an "Aircrafts" folder. The "Aircraft" folder was apparently installed when I downloaded the MIG-21 using module manager. It contains the MIG-21 sub-folder.

The "Aircrafts" folder is original I believe to DCS and does not contain the MIG.

Your default config for the joystick is installed to the "Aircrafts" folder and the game is not reading that folder after the last update.

Can I just change the destination folder to "Aircraft" rather than "Aircrafts"? Do you have both folders in your installation?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Colseg,

In my installation the main DCS directory\Mods contains an "Aircraft" and an "Aircrafts" folder. The "Aircraft" folder was apparently installed when I downloaded the MIG-21 using module manager. It contains the MIG-21 sub-folder.

The "Aircrafts" folder is original I believe to DCS and does not contain the MIG.

Your default config for the joystick is installed to the "Aircrafts" folder and the game is not reading that folder after the last update.

Can I just change the destination folder to "Aircraft" rather than "Aircrafts"? Do you have both folders in your installation?

Thanks.

Sorry I couldn't answer until now, yes it should go in the aircraft folder, the s on the end was a typo on my part, uploading a fixed zip now.

Nice. Thank you!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For those who wants to use the pinky switch for external lights add this :

--Alternate Landing Lights

{down=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,up=device_commands.LandingLights,value_down=0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Taxi',category='Lights'},

{down=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,up=device_commands.LandingLights,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Land',category='Lights'},

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

For those who wants to use the pinky switch for external lights add this :

--Alternate Landing Lights

{down=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,up=device_commands.LandingLights,value_down=0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Taxi',category='Lights'},

{down=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,up=device_commands.LandingLights,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Land',category='Lights'},

Mind if I add that to the zip?

• Like 2

Thanks for your work, very appricated.

When you are at it, do you might consider to add the missing rearming/refuelling keybind as well?

This {combos={{key='.'}},down=iCommandMissionResourcesManagement,name='Rearming and Refueling Window',category='General'}, is already in the .lua out of the box and is showing up in my mig-21bis keybinds under general as it should.

Thank you for this ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Of course i don't mind. Add it. :)

Thanks, added my own rewrite of those binding, it is in the OP now.

Excellent work guys, and congratulations on being the first to produce a mod for the MiG-21.

Thanks, I guess I never thought of it that way but it is cool to be the first modder on a new module.

Q: Do you know where to find the throttle-cut-off lock? Can't seem to find it....

I believe {combos={{key='E',reformers={'LWin','LShift'}}},pressed=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,up=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle',category='Engine'}, this line from the default.lua may be referring to the keybind you are looking for in which case it should be in already under the Engine category with the name Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle, however I do not know if this is the specific function you are referring to.

Edited by Colseg