TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

This is truly awesome.

Question: Why cant you do this for all the others aswell? Huey, f 86 etc etc... ;)

There are actually several similar threads out there for other aircraft.

For example:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125245

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There are actually several similar threads out there for other aircraft.

For example:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125245

Wow! Had no clue this binding stuff was already working for other aircrafts. So IMO ED should really take a look into this, and try to find a standard solution for everyone. :)

Edited by Cyb0rg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

Okay Mrgud, I figured it out (I'm a slow learner!). Map your flaps up and down switch to the respective positions (photo attached).

Thanks Wizz for your effort!

I can do it like you did (add the command to the joystick) and it works BUT only when my TARGET profile is turned off. When I turn TARGET profile ON, in DCS options TM Warthog falls to one category "Thrustmaster Combined" and it emulates keyboard inputs (if I understand it correctly). There is no more JOY_BTN23 input when i flip the flaps switch.

Are the rest of you guys, who are using this succesfully, use it with your TARGET profiles turned ON?

I don't want to input all my commands in the DCS option screen every time I install the game. That's why we have profiles.

Thanks Wizz for your effort!

I can do it like you did (add the command to the joystick) and it works BUT only when my TARGET profile is turned off. When I turn TARGET profile ON, in DCS options TM Warthog falls to one category "Thrustmaster Combined" and it emulates keyboard inputs (if I understand it correctly). There is no more JOY_BTN23 input when i flip the flaps switch.

Are the rest of you guys, who are using this succesfully, use it with your TARGET profiles turned ON?

I don't want to input all my commands in the DCS option screen every time I install the game. That's why we have profiles.

If you're already using target it's going to be best to map them directly in targets script instead of trying to use half target half lua etc.

Thanks Colseg, I've always wanted map the middle position of 3-position buttons (out of DCS-A10C module of course). I have analized the lua and... good trick!!! ;-)

A question for all... Is posible to execute two commands in the same button event?... I'd like that when I push gear up, the Gears Handle Lock also release previously.

Here's working sections for Radar Low Altitude Filter (assuming that Filter Off would be middle position of 3-position switch, even though it's not like that in the actual MiG-21 cockpit), Navigation Lights (assuming user only wants Nav Lights Max, Min and Off), and RSBN Mode:

--Alternate Navigation Lights
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.99,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Nav Lights Max',category='Lights'},
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.33,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Nav Lights Min',category='Lights'},

--Alternate Low Altitude Filter
{down=device_commands.RADARlowAlt,up=device_commands.RADARlowAlt,cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Low Altitude Antenna Tilt',category='Radar and SPO'},
{down=device_commands.RADARlowAlt,up=device_commands.RADARlowAlt,cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR,value_down=0.5,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Low Altitude Filter',category='Radar and SPO'},

--Alternate RSBN Mode
{down=device_commands.RSBNmode,up=device_commands.RSBNmode,cockpit_device_id=devices.RSBN,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate RSBN Mode: Descend',category='Avionics'},
{down=device_commands.RSBNmode,up=device_commands.RSBNmode,cockpit_device_id=devices.RSBN,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate RSBN Mode: Landing',category='Avionics'},

Edited by GregP

I don't use TARGET. And tbh. I don't know anyone using that piece of crap software. Map directly in DCS, and backup your input folder :) Just do it!

It works fine for me, with every sim I fly, and has since the day I took my Warthog out of the box.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

New release is in the op, adds the suggestions from GregP.

Here's working sections for Radar Low Altitude Filter (assuming that Filter Off would be middle position of 3-position switch, even though it's not like that in the actual MiG-21 cockpit), Navigation Lights (assuming user only wants Nav Lights Max, Min and Off), and RSBN Mode:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have written version of those into the new release that is in the op now, so far I have been keeping to the habit of ensuring the switches all correspond to the ways they move in the cockpit myself so have used that form for the newly added switches as well.

A question for all... Is posible to execute two commands in the same button event?... I'd like that when I push gear up, the Gears Handle Lock also release previously.

I have been trying to get a binding like this working but have had no luck so far, I will need to sift through the binding of the other modules at some point and see if an example of this exists anywhere.

I don't use TARGET. And tbh. I don't know anyone using that piece of crap software. Map directly in DCS, and backup your input folder :) Just do it!

Just like cichlidfan, I use TARGET from day one. Mainly because of layers or mods (every button has multiple functions - don't know if that can be done without using Target). When I create profile for new module, some inputs are the same and I don't have to map them again. Everybody has it's own way of doing things, that's all.

If you're already using target it's going to be best to map them directly in targets script instead of trying to use half target half lua etc.

I absolutely agree with you, but how can I map them in the script when I can't map the key in the keyboard section at DCS options?

I don't seem to understand purpose of this mess. We can map inputs for all kind of switch covers in the MiG cockpit, but we can not map inputs for flaps positions?! I really hope that developers will change that.

Just like cichlidfan, I use TARGET from day one. Mainly because of layers or mods (every button has multiple functions - don't know if that can be done without using Target). When I create profile for new module, some inputs are the same and I don't have to map them again. Everybody has it's own way of doing things, that's all.

I absolutely agree with you, but how can I map them in the script when I can't map the key in the keyboard section at DCS options?

I don't seem to understand purpose of this mess. We can map inputs for all kind of switch covers in the MiG cockpit, but we can not map inputs for flaps positions?! I really hope that developers will change that.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to you until now, as long as the up position counts as a button, the middle position is nothing, and the down position is also a button you should be able to assign it just like anyone else who does not use target, the only difference should be the name of said button. If you mean to say all of your buttons are represented in game as keyboard keys it should work just as well as long as the above still applies, the only extra trouble would be that you need to put the file under "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\keyboard" rather than the joystick folder if you want to map things that dcs considers keyboard buttons to them.

Is it possible to make a two position switch togglable with a press of a single button?

Not that I know of yet, though there are probably more tricks to get new and interesting functionality out of these that I don't know about yet, I am planning on looking through the defaul.lua of the other modules to see if any of them use any less common techniques.

I don't quite understand what these alternate key binding slots this mod provides are for. Could someone explain? I'd love to have the flaps bound correctly to the 3 position switch.

It works just like explained in the op, to elaborate using the specific example of 3 way flaps, go into your controls and find the bindings "Alternate Flaps Up" and "Alternate Flaps Down", then bind the up position on your 3 way switch to the flaps up and the down position on your 3 way switch to flaps down, both of these new bindings are set such that when the button they are bound to is released they set the switch to the middle position, what that means for you is that the 3 way switch in your aircraft will do exactly what you are doing with your warthog's 3 way switch, just like in DCS A-10C.

It works just like explained in the op, to elaborate using the specific example of 3 way flaps, go into your controls and find the bindings "Alternate Flaps Up" and "Alternate Flaps Down", then bind the up position on your 3 way switch to the flaps up and the down position on your 3 way switch to flaps down, both of these new bindings are set such that when the button they are bound to is released they set the switch to the middle position, what that means for you is that the 3 way switch in your aircraft will do exactly what you are doing with your warthog's 3 way switch, just like in DCS A-10C.

Thanks for explaining. I hadn't quite realised where the middle position came from, but I understand now! This is a great mod.

I suppose I could also ask for a sticky from the LN guys so more people who need this can see it, I just don't really know what the etiquette around asking for stickies is here. Have any of you ever asked to have a thread stickied?

Update: I sent a PM to Cobra847 and the thread is now stickied. Thank you Cobra847.

Edited by Colseg

Hey guys I'm pretty new to this kind of stuff. Do I replace the existing .lua with the new one, or do I copy the entire file string into the DCS folder?

You replace the existing one, this is just the normal .lua with some things added at the top. After you replace the default.lua in joystick with this and launch the game you will find a bunch of new Keybinds for the MiG-21Bis that all begin with the word alternate, for the 3 way switches simply bind the up position and down position of your warthog's 3 way switch to the alternate up and down options for that switch and the middle will work as an extension of that without a further binding, for the 2 way switches just bind the up position on the hog's switch to the alternate up position binding and the down position will work without further binding.

Nice mod thanks for sharing.

Downloaded and installed......works a treat :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Excellent, thanks.

One basic question:

What will happen to our key bindings every time we get an automatic update?

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Excellent, thanks.

One basic question:

What will happen to our key bindings every time we get an automatic update?

As far as I know it shouldn't get rid of them unless a change is made to the specific file, however the most recent update did seem to replace it with a fresh copy so my recommendation would be to check your keybinds after any update to make sure they haven't disappeared and if they have disappeared to download a new copy of the file, after replacing the file your saved keybinds should also return.

UPDATE: Also since I missed the fact that the default.lua file had been updated a few days ago I have uploaded a new version of my default.lua that just adds the same new keybinds to the new version of the file just in case there were any bugfixes made by the devs to it.

• Like 1