TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

Hi Colseg,

I just fiddled around with your settings. Maybe it's a better way to simply add two lua files instead of overwriting the default.lua

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

[font=Courier New]
return {
   keyCommands = {
       -- Flaps
       {down=device_commands.Flaps0,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Up',category='Flight Controls'},
       {down=device_commands.Flaps45,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Down',category='Flight Controls'},
   }
}
[/font]

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua

[font=Courier New]return {
   keyCommands = {
       -- Insert your favourite stick command here...
   }
}[/font]

So there should be no trouble when the update the default.lua file...

UPDATE: I spoke too soon... It seems you can't just add a Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua file with a few commands. Commands that are not in this file can't be assigned to the Throttle afterwards... :doh:

Unless you can somehow read from the default.lua and add to the keyCommands...

Edited by telephono

Colseg could you add a "two" position switch for IR and SAHR misile type selector? Just keeping out the neutral option. We dont have so many three position switch es in the TM W.

It would also be nice to have a two position switch working for on and off landing lights.

Thanks.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Colseg could you add a "two" position switch for IR and SAHR misile type selector? Just keeping out the neutral option. We dont have so many three position switch es in the TM W.

It would also be nice to have a two position switch working for on and off landing lights.

Thanks.

Update

Added those two and uploaded the new file, thanks for your suggestion.

Is it possible to iterate through the various positions that some switches have with button presses?

For example, the pylon selector rotary switch has a bunch of a/a positions and a bunch of a/g positions - it would be neat to have one button press (say, linked to DMS left) go through the a/g positions and another button press go through the a/a positions.

At the moment it's pretty hard to get all the weapon system settings configured as HOTAS buttons because there are just so many switches and options.

I know the lua system supports macros but I don't know if it supports 'clever' macros i.e. 'if position is less than 4, increment one, else go back to 1' that you'd need to work through rotary switch positions.

Edited by Lascaille
Paragraphs

Is it possible to iterate through the various positions that some switches have with button presses?

For example, the pylon selector rotary switch has a bunch of a/a positions and a bunch of a/g positions - it would be neat to have one button press (say, linked to DMS left) go through the a/g positions and another button press go through the a/a positions.

At the moment it's pretty hard to get all the weapon system settings configured as HOTAS buttons because there are just so many switches and options.

I know the lua system supports macros but I don't know if it supports 'clever' macros i.e. 'if position is less than 4, increment one, else go back to 1' that you'd need to work through rotary switch positions.

There should be a "turn clockwise" and "turn counter clockwise" possibilities.

I have reuploaded the new file with "Alternate Afterburner/Maximum On" since the forum problems seem to have affected files, I remember someone had posted about a problem with setting tdc/pipper size +/- keybinds to the throttle before the forum problems caused the loss of the last few posts, has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have reuploaded the new file with "Alternate Afterburner/Maximum On" since the forum problems seem to have affected files, I remember someone had posted about a problem with setting tdc/pipper size +/- keybinds to the throttle before the forum problems caused the loss of the last few posts, has anyone else experienced this issue?

yes, I have exactly that problem with the latest beta. I use your script although I don't know if it is causing the problem?

There should be a "turn clockwise" and "turn counter clockwise" possibilities.

Agreed, and i'd go as far as to say every switch with two states should have a toggle option for those of us that only have momentary contact buttons on our HOTAS (i.e. we can't use the hog method mentioned in this thread). For that matter, 3+ should have increment/decrement or other cyclical binds. 4 buttons for gear, 2 for nosewheel, 10 for weapons, etc. it's crazy. The current system is probably great for pit builders, but it makes me ragequit every time I decide I'm finally go map my x55...

Don't get me wrong - I freaking love the 21. So much fun... just binds could use some revisions.

I have solved the problem with the TDC pipper size.(I think, works for me :))

I have included the file, unzip to DCS World folder.

Please let me know if it works, all credits to Colseg!

I have now updated the file in the op with the fix for the TDC Pipper Span Bug, thanks go to Lenop for his contribution.

--SOLVED-- But I cant use this mode and make the TDC (O and L keys) work on the joystick at the same time.

Colseg I have a problem binding de O and L keys to the TM Warthog with this mod since the last Mig 21 beta. I can bind the same function witch is abailable for joystick binding (just on the next line of the keys O & L functions) but its not working on the game, I have to use O and L keys. Tried your latest update but the same problem persist.

I deleted the saved games folder and made the bindings again but the problem persist.

Really like this mode, should be part of the official Mig 21 Module.

Thanks for your help, Jorge.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

--SOLVED-- But I cant use this mode and make the TDC (O and L keys) work on the joystick at the same time.

Colseg I have a problem binding de O and L keys to the TM Warthog with this mod since the last Mig 21 beta. I can bind the same function witch is abailable for joystick binding (just on the next line of the keys O & L functions) but its not working on the game, I have to use O and L keys. Tried your latest update but the same problem persist.

I deleted the saved games folder and made the bindings again but the problem persist.

Thanks for your help, Jorge.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply until now. I have not been able to figure out why it might not be working for you, on my end it is working with the current version of dcs world, are you sure your dcs world is up to date?

Hi,

I have the same problem as JorgeIII, using 1.2.10 Update 3 and the latest version of your file.

Can´t bind "TDC +" and "TDC-" in the lines where O and L are bound on the keyboard, when using the duplicate entries above and below I can bind it in the menu to joystick buttons (Warthog) but it has no effect in the game.

Greets,

Wolf

Hi,

I have the same problem as JorgeIII, using 1.2.10 Update 3 and the latest version of your file.

Can´t bind "TDC +" and "TDC-" in the lines where O and L are bound on the keyboard, when using the duplicate entries above and below I can bind it in the menu to joystick buttons (Warthog) but it has no effect in the game.

Greets,

Wolf

Wolfk made the bug cristal clear. Other memeber of my squad with the TMW hotas has the same problem with this mod.

After a full windows and DCS reinstall it persist, TDC (O and L keys) is not responsive when mapped to the joystick.

Please Corseg take a look when you can. Thanks.

I found why I couldn't replicate it, for some reason my dcs didn't find the update yesterday so I am getting it now and should have a fix up for you guys shortly.

Since it is based on the old version it doesn't have the new axis or the new standard for the tdc pipper size+/- so if you need it fixed before I can upload the file just copy the custom section out of the modded file and add it just above the --************** Planseta, sorry for the wait, I didn't have much time to look for the problem the last few days.

UPDATE

I have uploaded the new copy now that is based on the new version of the keybinds file, sorry I took so long, I have been a little busy lately and on top of that my client wouldn't realize there was an update yesterday but the mod should be fully up to date right now and the tdc pipper span+/- binding and the new axis should all be working.

Edited by Colseg

Grate Colseg, thanks!!

Colseg please can you tell me if I must use your file with TARGET or just DCS World + my Hotas Warthog ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Colseg please can you tell me if I must use your file with TARGET or just DCS World + my Hotas Warthog ?

I'm not 100% sure if this is correct but I just use DCS World and My Hotas Warthog. I don't use the TARGET software at all. It works fine for me.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You don't need TARGET for this, this just adds new bindings under the names listed in the first post to the keybinds menu that are setup such that when the bind is triggered(the switch is flipped up) the up position is set and when the bind is released(the switch is flipped down) the down position is triggered for 2 way switches and more or less the same system for 3 way switches. What that all means for you is just install the mod as mentioned in the post and then bind the 2 way switches to the 2 way switches on your warthog and the 3 way switches to the up and down positions on any of the warthog's 3 way switches.