TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

To the OP and the other people helping with LUA on getting 3 position switches to have 3 commands, thank you so much!

This will really help fix some of the annoyances I've had setting up my TM Warthog but having to use the paddle as a shift for things like the flaps! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I added the 2 position switches for the ASP modes to my default.lua:

--Alternate ASP Mode - Gun
{down=device_commands.ASPmissileGunSelect,up=device_commands.ASPmissileGunSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_down=1,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate ASP Mode - Gun',category='Weapons / ASP'},

--Alternate ASP Mode - Giro
{down=device_commands.ASPssGiroSelect,up=device_commands.ASPssGiroSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_down=1,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate ASP Mode - Giro',category='Weapons / ASP'},

--Alternate ASP Mode - Bombardment
{down=device_commands.ASPbombStrelbSelect,up=device_commands.ASPbombStrelbSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_down=1,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate ASP Mode - Bombardment',category='Weapons / ASP'},

--Alternate ASP Main Mode
{down=device_commands.ASPmanAutoSelect,up=device_commands.ASPmanAutoSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_down=1,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate ASP Main Mode',category='Weapons / ASP'},

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

RE: Colseg & 14 Jan update .RAR

Slightly off topic (sorry) and redundant (sorry again), but just wanted to say huge thanks to Colseg in particular and the rest of the modders in general.

Colseg You Rock! I'm not too bright so it took me +20 min to figure 30 seconds real work install, but instantly tripled enjoyment of this module. Very much appreciated.

Love the LeatherNeck as well, but not having very having happy thoughts about the Mig design bureau at this moment.

Repetitive: Colseg, my thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not entirely sure if it fits here, but I will leave this hear anyway:

{combos={{key="M"}},down = iCommandToggleMirrors, name = _('Toggle mirrors'), category = _('General')},

This can be put into the MiG-21\keyboard\default.lua and can be used to toggle the mirrors on and off like in the other modules.

Best regards,

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Any way to select the weapons with the trim left/right buttons ?

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 4 months later...

A few more commands I've come up with:

--Alternate Anti-Surge
{down=device_commands.SurgeDoors,up=device_commands.SurgeDoors,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE,value_down=0.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Anti-Surge Auto',category='Engine'},

--Alternate Air Relight
{down=device_commands.AirStart,up=device_commands.AirStart,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_down=0.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Air Relight On',category='Engine'},

--Alternate Wing Fuel Pods Cover
{down=device_commands.SbrosKrilBakovSafetyCover,up=device_commands.SbrosKrilBakovSafetyCover,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Wing Fuel Pods Cover Open',category='Weapon Control'},

--Alternate Drag Chute Disconnect Cover
{down=device_commands.DragChuteSafetyCover,up=device_commands.DragChuteSafetyCover,cockpit_device_id=devices.CHUTE,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Drag Chute Disconnect Cover Open',category='Weapon Control'},

• 3 weeks later...

This will do it for you, add on line after ....keyCommands = {.......

--Alternate flaps
{down = device_commands.Button_1, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Alternate Flaps Up middle'), category = _('Flight Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_3, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Alternate Flaps Landing middle'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Set bindings for Flap UP and Flap DWN and the MID (T/O) will look after itself....

SIGBLOCK.png

• ED Translators

Thanks! Working as I want it to.

Can it be rock on which we split when trying to join MP server like 104th, where is DCS files check though ???

AKA LazzySeal

Yeah ^^ that, does it get picked up by the file check in MP sessions and get you kicked out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah ^^ that, does it get picked up by the file check in MP sessions and get you kicked out

Was that a question or a statement? Because I am wondering the same thing.

Edit: Not a problem with servers.

Thanks to Colseg for this.

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my Hotas warhog, I'm still in awe at the difference from my cheap joystick.

I put these binds into use and they're great so thanks a lot for them.

In regards to the throttle stop, I've skimmed through and don't see anyone coming up with a solution. One thing I noticed is the in game toggle binding is annoying by itself because it just kind of goes ballistic toggling back and forth even when you use it on it's default key assignment.

Before I read through the whole thread I followed your format trying to make an alternate for it and got this.

--Alternate Throttle Stop

{down=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,up=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Throttle Stop',category='Engine'},

Which as you probably already know will not work for the actual throttle stop position.

However, I find that it still works better than the default binding, and what I did is bind it to the right engine operation switch in the lift to start position. So I use the left for the engine starter, and the right becomes the engine stop position. It works quite well and it doesn't flick on and off like the default toggle will, you can hold it up indefinitely and it won't make a sound, then release and it moves to it's second position.

• 1 month later...

Guy's......anyone know if this mod will work with the new 1.5 beta release?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Didnt try it, but as the update has new keys binding I will wait for Colseg update on this.

I was specting leatherneck to include this mod in the update but they didnt.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I've only done some preliminary testing and not all the keys, as I don't use all of them but to get it working I used the custom controls as per this post using JSGME.

You also have to copy your config from:-

C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis

to:-

C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Just to let you know that Colseg MOD is working fine!

Just install it and now I have two and three position switches working again.

I already had DCS beta with its windos user folder and configured controls of the last version. If you didnt you may have overwrite your new user DCS open beta folder where your mig 21 joystick controls are saved with the one of the older DCS world. No risk of doing any harm here, if it doesent works for you you just delete de folder and DCS will create it again when launched.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Altough it would be better to update the new file with old code instead, otherwise you dont get the new keybindings, right?

Edit: Also yes some of the keys don't work in the new system. Like landing/taxi lights, Nav lights ect.

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I've tried the alternate Default.lua and it works ok. The only oddity is the afterburner alternate switch is backwards. Up is off and down is on. the Virtual switch just remains in the down position. Afterburner works fine regardless.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Sorry for the wait guys, got a ready to drop in beta version in the OP, as has been said before the lights related switches don't work at the moment so I disabled them in the beta version until I get the chance to dig into the changes made to their controls, as has also been said the afterburner maximum switch functions other than it visually appearing stuck in the down position, thanks for sticking around guys and happy flying.

Colseg,

And if add this lines in airbrakes section - besides the momentary:

keyCommands={

--************** Custom ***********************************************************************

--Alternate Airbrakes
{down=device_commands.Airbrakes,up=device_commands.Airbrakes,cockpit_device_id=devices.AIRBRAKE,value_down=1.0,name='Alternate Airbrakes On',category='Flight Controls'},
{down=device_commands.Airbrakes,up=device_commands.Airbrakes,cockpit_device_id=devices.AIRBRAKE,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Airbrakes Off',category='Flight Controls'}

This will allow set a 2 position switch (2 different buttons) to control airbrakes Up/Down, can be useful for Warthog throttle users, as option to the 1 button toggle.

Can anyone explain how to get stock "flaps up"/"flaps down" keys to work on a HOTAS? I'm unable to bind the stock controls (which are on F/LShift+F) to the HOTAS, and the alternate bindings just temporarily "flick" the flaps up or down, leaving them in the middle as soon as I release the button.

Using a Thrustmaster HOTAS X, for the record.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Is because in

...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\Default.LUA

The section -- Flaps are empty.

To be able to map joystick buttons for control flaps (a waste IMO :D ) copy the -- Flaps section from

...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\keyboard\Default.LUA

-- Flaps
{combos = {{key = 'F'}}, 							down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn, name = 'Flaps Down', category = 'Flight Controls'},
{combos = {{key = 'F', reformers = {'LShift'}}} , 	down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff, name = 'Flaps Up', category = 'Flight Controls'},

And past in \joystick\Default.LUA, replacing the empty -- Flaps

After you will be able to map flaps controls in your HOTAS X buttons.

The above "alternate" don't work properly because was done for Warthog throttle flaps 3 position switches. Your HOTAS X buttons are momentarily only.

Edited by Sokol1_br