Mouse Problem with Latest DCS Release

gtrdrt

I don't know yet if it's just my setup that's causing the problem, but since the latest update I'm getting two mouse cursors in the Oculus Rift, and it's a point somewhere between the two where the actual clicking occurs. Makes it extremely tedious to find and flip switches etc. in the cockpit. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. thanks...

Do U have mouse pointer trails on? and u do shut off the Windows Aero scheme when loading DCS? its an option on the GUI.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Do U have mouse pointer trails on? and u do shut off the Windows Aero scheme when loading DCS? its an option on the GUI.

No, I don't have mouse trails on, and I've tried with Aero scheme both on and off. I've been trying tons of stuff, and still I get two mouse cursors in the Oculus display. To me, it looks like the left and right 3D cursor images are failing to converge. I can sometimes find the spot between the two cursors I see that is where I think the 3D cursor should be and that will allow me to click what I want to click.

I just checked and found that I have my Rift set at 75Hz and my main monitor set at 60Hz. I'm going to go ahead and post what I've written here and then report back to see if making some changes will solve the problem...

Nope, changing refresh rates didn't solve it either.

So, maybe it would help if I posted some specs: GeForce GT 630, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (64 bit), 6 GB ram.

So is the problem on my end or on the DCS end? I do notice that no one who has viewed this thread has posted anything saying anything like 'me too.'

I can fly, but I can't do a lot of cockpit stuff. I never have been able to get my keyboard to do some of the things I can do with my mouse and the little yellow crosshair. Any hints regarding that too would be welcome. thanks...

Try, without moving the mouse, to close one eye and then the other, do you see the mouse with both eyes?

If not, you are having the same problem as me and some other people. I think it's not even a failing 3d cursor, it's the cursor that would work in normal mode (without oculus' double screen and distortion).

I think it's related to the lastest patch DCS released and probably on their side to fix. Not sure if for someone is working fine still (anyone?).

As a work around, I'll try to make a copy of dcs world and revert it to the previous version.

Try, without moving the mouse, to close one eye and then the other, do you see the mouse with both eyes?

If not, you are having the same problem as me and some other people. I think it's not even a failing 3d cursor, it's the cursor that would work in normal mode (without oculus' double screen and distortion).

I think it's related to the lastest patch DCS released and probably on their side to fix. Not sure if for someone is working fine still (anyone?).

As a work around, I'll try to make a copy of dcs world and revert it to the previous version.

Yes with the New update the mouse don't work in oculus dk2 and on My side even if I set dk2 rift as primary send the stereo Image on main monitor......

Hope this Fix soon, I'm used to coldstart everything ......

...I can fly, but I can't do a lot of cockpit stuff. I never have been able to get my keyboard to do some of the things I can do with my mouse and the little yellow crosshair. Any hints regarding that too would be welcome. thanks...

Could someone tell me some possible reasons why I can't get my keyboard to actuate cockpit commands that mouse clicks can actuate, even though there are keys or key combinations assigned to the commands? Toggling "LAlt + C" seems to make no difference. thanks...

Today's (sep24) update appears to have fixed the mouse problem. Thanks!

Also, I stumbled across the reason for my keyboard not actuating the commands assigned to them; under Options>Gameplay:Difficulties, Game Flight Mode needs to be unchecked. (I don't think Game Avionics Mode needs to be unchecked, but I don't recall exactly, so you might want to test that for yourselves.)

Thanks again for getting that mouse thing fixed. Another great help would be to make it so that info on the screen isn't outside of the Rift viewing area, and to make aiming reticles and target indicators and such be where they're supposed to be in the Rift display. Hope those aren't difficult fixes. Meanwhile, I'm having a great time learning how to make the Huey do what I want it to do and sometimes what I don't think a real one is capable of doing. This is some awesomely fun stuff...