How to copy input profiles?

J-1775

Simple things are sometimes the hardest. I'd like to copy an existing input (controls) profile, say the F-86's, to a new aircraft like the MiG-21. «Save Profile» and «Load Profile» look like they could do the job, but (to me) they act like random. Even when (sometimes) highlighted I'd never see a popup for a name or a path. Is there a documentation that shares some light on this issue? THX.

Simple things are sometimes the hardest. I'd like to copy an existing input (controls) profile, say the F-86's, to a new aircraft like the MiG-21. «Save Profile» and «Load Profile» look like they could do the job, but (to me) they act like random. Even when (sometimes) highlighted I'd never see a popup for a name or a path. Is there a documentation that shares some light on this issue? THX.

I experienced the same thing after I updated. I know the file format for control configurations changed some time ago, but had forgotten and out of habit, was saving my control profile over ones created before the change over.

With this latest patch, it seems to not recognise files older than version 1.2.9. I had a lot of old missions as far back as 1.2.4 ( because I always put it off due to wanting to navigate a plane or heli instead of my PC. I always thought ( I'll do that later. ).

I suspect that if you have been making alterations to your controls, and saving over your old file ( which was created before the file type change over ), it can no longer be seen unless you select ' Show all files ' instead of ' Show Controller configuration files '.

But even then, if you try to load it, it just loads some random configuration that was not set up by you.

That's just my take on what happened to my configuration files. I may be wrong, but if you have been doing the same as me and got the same result, it may be likely.

Only thing I could think to do was start over. :(

EDIT: dang. I missed the point completely. I'm sorry.

Mods, can you please remove my unrelated post, so it doesn't dissolve the actual discussion at hand?

Again, I am sorry.