1.2.10 up1 - artillery half fixed, still half broken

Dusty [CPC]

I just noticed that artillery units now fire at point correctly if it's preplanned in the mission editor, but still fail to do so if ordered by the game master.

Couldnt find a bug tracker/thread for CA...

Any love for CA planned in the near future? The list of crippling bugs hasn't shortened for a while... (Uncontrolled aircraft/helos not starting, altitude slider in mph, aircraft commands unreliable or ignored)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am unable to replicate the artillery issue. Artillery are firing just fine for me.

Uncontrolled aircraft/helos not starting

Yeah, that appears broken.

altitude slider in mph

That is weird.

aircraft commands unreliable or ignored

Can you be a little more descriptive? What kind of AI is it, what is the task you are giving, how many enemy threats are in the area? etc.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thank you for looking at this, Grimes. I can provide the .miz file with all these issues when I get back home.

Concerning the aircraft command, here’s what happens:

F-4E is spawned, parking hot (due to uncontrolled being bugged), Fighter sweep mission, AI Good, with no pre-planned waypoint.

F-4 is taking off ok, and seem to register the path command, but ignores the speed and altitude sliders, and flies at minimum speed (max AoA) and minimum safe altitude towards the ordered waypoint. Only a target tasking triggers a “normal” flying, i.e. flying its intercept pattern.

For helos it’s even worse. AH-1W, CAS mission, no preplan, is spawning parking hot from FARP, takes off, and just drifts at 1 kt above the ground, ignoring all commands, be it pathing or targeting.

Concerning the altitude slider in MPH, I could try a repair if you wish, although I never had any problems installing or patching.

If you’re thirsty for bug feedback, I’m happy to oblige, being an almost weekly game master, there’s a few more I can think of, less critical but always annoying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the altitude slider labeling is fixed in an internal build, so no need to worry about that.

I did notice the issue where the AI would ignore speed or altitude sliders after taking off. However it seems that adjusting the sliders will sort of "kick" the AI into the correct speed or altitude behavior. Not sure why that happens. Most likely the change isn't registered until the AI are airborne and ready to accept commands.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Regarding the artillery not firing, I apologize, it is working. I just never noticed it waited 3 minutes aiming before actually firing the first shell.

I'm adding feedback to the helicopter bug though:

I've added a single waypoint to the "parking hot" aircraft (which were meant to be uncontrolled) so they don't act all weird after take off. It works fine with airplanes, but something is still wrong with -some- helos.

If I use a AH-1W, it does its stupid hover and drift thing, nothing else will put it back on it's normal flight.

If I change it to a Mi-8 for instance (haven't tried them all), it works just fine and the Mi-8 heads for its waypoint.

AH-1W is on "late activation", spawning from radio item command, AI Good, "parking hot" from a FARP. One or no waypoint doesn't change the bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
Seems broken now. Waited for 10 minutes, no firing happened. Preplanned ok, ordered by tactical commander not firing. Tried with paladin and missile artillery

How far from the Targets?

Some Artillery units have a minimum range it seems.

Especially Rocket Artillery.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Very weird. I tested my mission I am working on. Artillery doesn't fire, even after 15 Minutes. When I assign a target point and click "start", there is a countdown on the left side, approx. 160 seconds, it says "aiming". after that, there is "aiming" again, and a negative number, -300 counting even more negative (-301, -302, ..) forever. No firing.

DCS closed, new mission, only 1 artillery, Tactical Commander slot...everything works. Tested around a bit, didn't know what I have done, but suddenly the artillery showed the same behaviour as in my mission (not firing, weird aiming-countdown).

DCS closed, another brand new mission. Placed 1 arty, tac com slot, ordered to fire...and..nothing. Weird aiming-countdown, no firing.

Restarted DCS, new mission, artillery firing normal. I was able to see between the "aiming" and "launch"countdown there is a short switch to that negative countdown.

New mission: normal

New mission again: normal

New mission again, added MIST at mission start: normal firing.

My mission: not firing, negative countdown

Edited by MasterZelgadis

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net