F-86F sabre's FFB issue not fixed ?

theGozr

The FFB of the Sabre has constant forces no shakes or different forces. This was broken from last update and not been fixed yet.

FFB of the F-86F Sabre and MiG-21 are missing or completely corrupted. Can we ask about the status of this fix ?

Thank you greatly,

Fly it like you stole it..

• 1 month later...

+1

No FFB for me either with the MSFFB2. It works fine with every other DCS module.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Ok well I'm using FFB2 from M$ and while flying the F-86 and this I think from two updates ago do not have FFB sensitivity , Just have a single force from take off to high speed it is the same force apply to stick and no shakes or buffers effects.. Something broke along an update.

Tell me how I could help..?

( I'm really looking for the Rudder fix and FFB ) I hope asap, Thank you greatly.

As pilot i can tell you .. you can buy a 1000$ Joystick but if it doesn't have FFB it's worth nothing to me. FFB forces is what is the closest from RL and to appreciate the F-86 is very important to give FFB some TLC :)

Thank you

Edited by theGozr

The cockpit trim switch adjusts my joystick's centering position, but when I try to assign trim to a joystick button nothing happens.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I bought the F-86 this week end and to my disappointment, there is no force feedback on my MS FFB 2. Only the default centering force... I think it's a big concerne for us, because like theGozr said, for me too you can bring any other expensive joystick on the market, if it doesn't have force feedback it worth nothing to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Same problem here

FFB trim works ie repositions stick central position but otherwise it appears to be a constant spring force independant of speed and with no stall shake etc.

I hope this is a bug that you are going to fix cos I wouldn't have bought the module if it was meant to be like this.

Your HUEY and Mi-8 are absolutely wonderful models.

I really hope you are going to make this FFB work as it should.

Silver

I hope this is a bug that you are going to fix cos I wouldn't have bought the module if it was meant to be like this.

The MiG-15 bis flight control surfaces are controlled mechanically (without hydraulic actuators), hence the pilot feels aerodynamic forces and buffet through the stick.

The F-86F ailerons and horizontal tail are actuated by irreversible hyd. controls. The stick has adjustable springs and a pendulum weight for an artificial stick 'feel', hence the pilot does NOT feel aerodynamic forces or buffet through the stick.

I really hope you are going to make this FFB work as it should.

AFAIK FFB already works realistically.

Air frame vibration due to buffet, etc. might be added as a FFB effect but it's inclusion wouldn't be realistic and FFB effects open up to include touchdown shocks, runway vibrations and weapon recoil, etc. which IMHO, are better simulated using simshaker, etc.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ramsay,

the problem with BST F86 is that is does NOT simulate what you wrote it should. The FFB stick acts as normal spring joystick. There is ZERO change in force in speed and G variation and that is the reason I posted description from real F86F manual.

• 1 year later...

Question for FFB flyuers. With FF effect ON trim work as it should?

I found with my Evo Force that with FF ON trim is simulated in cocpit - hat on stick work and stick is moveable but very slowly. Horizontal stabilizer doesnt change postion at all ( external view).

When i disable FF effect - trim work as it should - hat on stick is move, stick in cocpit is move quite fast and horizontal stabilizer change postion.

Still when i fly with FF ON plane fly much smoother and stabiled then with FF OFF and working trim