BUG: Strange behaviour of rotary light switches in MP

upupandaway

This was reported by most people that were on the server together with me yesterday:

The rotary switches which control the intesity of the cockpit lighting cannot be properly operated, because if you try to change the setting with your mouse, they will always revert back to their initial state after your input ceases (usually the "full on"-position). These controls were not mapped to any buttons or rotaries on the peripherals.

Also, as was reported by several people, FPS dropped down to 2-3 after switching on the battery during startup in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

This was reported by most people that were on the server together with me yesterday:

The rotary switches which control the intensity of the cockpit lighting cannot be properly operated, because if you try to change the setting with your mouse, they will always revert back to their initial state after your input ceases (usually the "full on"-position). These controls were not mapped to any buttons or rotaries on the peripherals.

Also, as was reported by several people, FPS dropped down to 2-3 after switching on the battery during startup in MP.

Lights controls with the mouse:

- scroll with wheel or drag with left-click?

FPS drop:

- day or night mission?

- FPS before the drop (average, in cockpit)?

- does it happen in SP (meaning - is it noticeable)?

Edited by Dolphin887
typos

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FPS drop:

- day or night mission?

1) scrolling with mouse wheel

2) day mission; avrg FPS in cockpit is around 35-40; I observed none of this in SP mode

Parallel to the FPS drop some very heavy desynching occured in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

FPS drop:

- day or night mission?

same here, in MP, the light knob is in full-on position, even you scroll it using mouse or keyboard, it will restored to the full side once you move away the mouse. No such issue in SP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The way I found to fix this is to press the key combinations for the keyboard control of these lights - it seems to fix the issue.

FWIW, in my takeoff mission, this method worked to get one of the two dials on RH to work, but would not fix the second.

It's not MP or SP, it's any aircraft set to 'start from parking hot'. Ramp start it (or maybe start in flight? haven't tried) and it's fine.

Or 'takeoff from runway', it seems.

I got the same problem once in a single player mission but with "client" plane not "player" (mission ready for multiplayer... if it makes any difference what so ever). When I turned on the batteries... boom! 2FPS and I noticed I cannot control one of the cockpit lights rotaries (can't remember which), I thought immediately that it is mapped on an axis cause when I was drawing it with the mouse it quickly reverted to max. I think the control was repeated somehow many times per second and that was making the FPS also to plummet. Just an assumption this last part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least