Gun cam

Nereid

Of course the gun cam may not be of great usage. But why is it (ore at least some strange kind of gadget) magically appearing in front of the HUD just after enabling the gun cam power switch (RV34)?

Some way to emulate a manual installation of the gadget?

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

How do you imagine that? A hand appears in front of you out of thin air and puts the device on the HUD?:lol:

At the moment the gadget appears out of thin air but it's only a ghost - just visible for the pilot. ;)

So, why and where from appears (I should say materializes) the gadget in front of the HUD? And why can't we see it from the external view?

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

At the moment the gadget appears out of thin air but it's only a ghost - just visible for the pilot. ;)

So, why and where from appears (I should say materializes) the gadget in front of the HUD? And why can't we see it from the external view?

It will be added to external view.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The ground crew elves have been known to do more mysterious things than that.

Personally I would prefer a checkbox in the mission editor or leaving out this useless gadget as a whole.

Would like the mission editor option as well. Is, in my opinion, a bit more realistic to have the mission maker select if the airplane has or doesn't have the guncam installed. Similar to BST's Mi-8.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Would like the mission editor option as well. Is, in my opinion, a bit more realistic to have the mission maker select if the airplane has or doesn't have the guncam installed. Similar to BST's Mi-8.

That's a pretty good idea. Will see.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Have you considered just not touching the switch if the guncam bothers you so much?

The problem is, that this switch takes immersion away, because it produces a gun cam out of thin air.

That's a pretty good idea. Will see.

If a checkbox in the mission editor is to complicated/impossible, whats about an additional loadout option? Just like the ASO-2. If somebody wants the gun cam for aesthetical reasons, he could add it as a seperate loadout.

And a real gun cam footage would be very cool, too. ;)

Edited by Nereid

You wouldn't touch it anyway if there wasn't a guncam installed.

Yes, but if you would, the guncam appears -> immersion destroyed.

EDIT: If we don't use this button, why not using it as a quickstart? Not a good idea? Why? if you don't want a quickstart, you could leave it alone. Why not just use another button for destroying a target? If you do not want to destroy it this way, just leave the button alone. Maybe it's now more clear, what I meant to say...

Edited by Nereid

The Mission Editor idea sounds like a good compromise. Would be nice if the gun cam actually could record shooting down bandits with the gun though...

Like this:

The gun cam adds a nice challenge when trying to land at night in bad weather conditions with electrical systems failure...:D

greets

Valken

Edited by Valkenswaard

I think it's a good thing that it is so easy to remove. I never turn it on and I'd hate having to go through the mission editor to turn it on or off. IF I turn it on, I simply look down when I flip the switch and just pretend the cam was there all along.:D

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

I like it like it is now. The momen I realized about it I thought it whas a great way of implement it.

Well, you like to cheat? because removing the gun cam in flight with a switch is some kind of cheating...

Playing a computer game and pretend to be a fighter pilot is cheating too. Now get over it.

Ok, I would like a switch to kill an enemy. In multiplayer too, please. And after I have used it, I pretend it wasn't there. Trust me, without much training I would be one of the best pilots out there. Among thousend of other pilots. All are the best of the best, all with very short lives.

So, lets transfer DCS into a shooter...