Hypoxia

mjeh

Hi!

How long is the oxygen supply supposed to last? It seems to deplete very fast for me.

Also, is there any step necessary to actually put on the oxygen mask? I seem to contract hypoxia even while indicator shows remaining oxygen in the system. This has happened on two separate flights and I'm 99% sure I sealed canopy on both occasions.

Me too ! In the first campaign mission I cannot reach the destination airfield without hypoxia. I had to dive down to low altitude as I was blacking out. Very cool effect of blurred vision and tunnel vision... I survived the hypoxia but found my engine was out when I leveled off. Makes me wonder does engine bleed air pressurise the cockpit? Maybe the engine problem is causing the hypoxia? I had inverter problem.

You sure you remembered to seal the cockpit correctly? I haven't flown the campaign, but I was flying the mig for about 2 hours straight last night, and did not get hypoxia at high altitude.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I flew the first mission of the campaign last night, and when on thr last leg my vision started getting blurry. I activated the emergency oxygen supply. Still no joy! Had to point the plane into a dive and drop to 1000m, and after a while i got my vision back.

This did however drain the last of my fuel so i my engine shut down 3km from kutaisi on long final. :^)

Sadly, the mig doesnt fare well as a glider.

Yes, they are taken into account. However, FYI they actually increase O2 usage. Normally, you don't need to use them, and - once the 02 pressure is below certain level - they can't help you.

In RL they are used if the pilot wants to refresh, or before pulling high-g for prolonged time (like in ACM), at very high altitudes in compressed suit and so on.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]