Keybindings for Weapon Selector

Nereid

Well... is there any chance for an increment/decrement key bindings on the weapon selector?

Currently we need 11 keys to bind on a HOTAS. But because the knob is easily visible increments/decrements work better (most often it's the other way around).

• Like 1

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Well... is there any chance for an increment/decrement key bindings on the weapon selector?

Currently we need 11 keys to bind on a HOTAS. But because the knob is easily visible increments/decrements work better (most often it's the other way around).

Has been requested internally I believe. Will note down.

Thanks!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Would it be possible to keep both options? I'd presume having the option for separate key bindings for each selector position would be useful to cockpit builders, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Would it be possible to keep both options? I'd presume having the option for separate key bindings for each selector position would be useful to cockpit builders, etc.

Of course, Leatherneck: please keep both!

For the meantime and CH Products users, I have created a CMS script that uses two buttons on the stick or MFP to move the weapon selector knob left/right or resets it (short press moves left/right, long press resets it). If anybody is interested, I could post this.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Now works perfect for any programable knob like in sitek or warthog so please keep eventualy both option, from 1-9 key as basic option and something different for the rest.

I added this to knob in Warthog as 1-9 and You can very easy take what You want (this grey knob on Warthog). Each 0,5cm You have differen weapon, do not need something more.

warthog2.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, my CH throttle cannot map all of them currently

Maybe good idea to take this: http://xkeys.com/xkeys/xk16.php ? I have it and its very good tool. Programable for sure.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Maybe good idea to take this: http://xkeys.com/xkeys/xk16.php ? I have it and its very good tool. Programable for sure.

one for $90? What's its benefit over TM MFCD which may have more buttons (oh, yeah, waiting for your MFCD profile :D)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

one for $90? What's its benefit over TM MFCD which may have more buttons (oh, yeah, waiting for your MFCD profile :D)?

Benefit? Not many place :) : http://yoyosims.pl/sites/default/files/Obrazki/Kokpity/Dziewanna.jpg .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

fantastic! I see it!

btw, what were u flying?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

That't nice! Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

EDIT: Just ordered one.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But in your signature, you don't list the cute little shoes!!

:smilewink:

LOL, yep, You have right haha, recived from my girlfriend, not my choice :D.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thanks!

While we are at it might I humbly request a button that function's as the typical "Gear Up/Down" lever-button? I will concede this is more difficult in the MiG-21 than other planes, and maybe we could reach a compromise that looks like something like this:

If gear is down on take-off

-1st press unlocks gear handle fixator and places gear handle in neutral,

-2nd places gear handle in up and locks gear handle fixator.

reverse for landing. The reason I am asking this that might elude some people: Right now I need my mouse to raise my gear, which I need to control my joystick. As a right handed person you might see how this aided some fiery crashes... :3

Also is it normal that I can't bind the Flaps up/down command to something other than the keyboard? (I know there is the extra joystick command, but that will not let me change the flaps in increments)

<3 your module, it really raises the bar for all other 3rd party devs... and ED!

While we are at it might I humbly request a button that function's as the typical "Gear Up/Down" lever-button? I will concede this is more difficult in the MiG-21 than other planes, and maybe we could reach a compromise that looks like something like this:

If gear is down on take-off

-1st press unlocks gear handle fixator and places gear handle in neutral,

-2nd places gear handle in up and locks gear handle fixator.

reverse for landing. The reason I am asking this that might elude some people: Right now I need my mouse to raise my gear, which I need to control my joystick. As a right handed person you might see how this aided some fiery crashes... :3

Also is it normal that I can't bind the Flaps up/down command to something other than the keyboard? (I know there is the extra joystick command, but that will not let me change the flaps in increments)

<3 your module, it really raises the bar for all other 3rd party devs... and ED!

You could just make a macro for the gear and map it to a key.

I've got my flaps mapped to my Hotas, why can't you do this?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could just make a macro for the gear and map it to a key.

I've got my flaps mapped to my Hotas, why can't you do this?

Or instead of making macro's and using third party software I could ask the dev about something that maybe affects a bunch of the community in a positive way with relative small effort..?! Did the soviet union even allow left handed pilots?

About the flaps: I don't know why I can't. "Flaps Down" & "Flaps Up" is only bindable to keyboard for me. "Flaps In(joystick", "Flaps Landing (joystick" and "Flaps Take-off" are not incremental and not what I asked about. I am able to bind those to my joystick but that is not of real use to my without using target.

Edited by ApoNOOB

That't nice! Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

EDIT: Just ordered one.

Take the XK-80. Its more expensive but more bang for the money. I have one myself and they are great. But... even with CH-Fighterstick (20 keys), CH-Throttle Pro (20 keys), CH MFP (50 keys), CH Quadrant (another 12 keys) and a XK-80 (80 keys) I still feel the need for more... another XK-80 one day perhaps. ;)