pySARPP

laxentis

I began working on a (rather simple) utility made in Python3 to interpret the SARPP data into graphs (and maybe more).

Right now it has no GUI and just automatically generates plots of the data (nothing fancy, but does the trick). Feel free to contribute either by hacking it on your own and submitting it to the repository or just providing feedback and ideas for improvement.

Anyway, here's the link: https://github.com/laxentis/pySARPP

Sample plots:

bkwTebC.png

XMjaepo.png

XMjaepo

Edited by laxentis
  • Like 2

Quick update on the development.

The program now has a GUI. Proof:

0szzmxS.png

Windows binaries are located in the dist folder.

To get the program, download the repository (via git or use the option to download it as a zip file from github). You can safely delete everything except the contents of the dist folder.

Basic usage:

Select which plots you wish to generate and click "Generate" (or just click "Generate all" to generate all plots for a file (duh)), a file opening dialog will show, select your file and click ok. The plots will be saved in the folder of your SARPP file.

Disclaimer: Currently there are no safeguards regarding file reading - it can read any file and I am pretty sure it will work correctly only on DCS MiG-21bis generated SARPP data.

• Like 1

Joey it's essential a flight data recorder and the app takes the info out of DCS and turns it into graphs etc. So next time someone comes back with a convoluted excuse as to why their MiG is burning in a hole at the end of the runway we can see what really happened :P.

Great work, using this in combination with tac view would be great for reviewing performance in close in dogfight scenarios. Would be able to see exactly when you were losing too much airspeed etc. Great stuff :).

Quick update.

The basic safeguards are in (defaults to loading txt files and yells at you if it doesn't pass the validation). Also, there is now a progress bar, so the app looks like doing things while doing things instead of derping out for a few seconds (sadly, the cancel button doesn't work yet).

Finally, I have added an installer (link in the repo's README file) so it it easier to get the program.

Also, a quick question to LN Sims:

What do Fors, Hydm and Hydb stand for?

Cheers.

Version 1.1 is up with some new plots available (change in IAS, also called acceleration, and change in altitude, also called vertical velocity). I guess it is time to make the plots prettier (and fine-tune the axis setting, some of the plots get clipped and look uggly (yes, I'm looking at you, Fors plot)).

Imho FORS stands for Afterburner (Forsazh - форсаж in russian) :thumbup:

Anyway, great work mate!

Edited by Suchacz

Imho FORS stands for Afterburner (Forsazh - форсаж in russian) :thumbup:

Anyway, great work mate!

Cheers, that makes sense.

Version 1.2 is up.

Changelog:

• Prettier "tristate" plots (Afterburner aka "Fors", SAU, Trigger; no longer clipped by y-axis range)
  • Checking file size and yelling at you for loading an empty one
  • Progress bar now shows actual progress in creating selected plots, not making stuff up as it goes :P