POST-RELEASE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1

Cobra847

Hey All,

What a crazy two days its' been.

We've all put in some crazy stretches in the last few days, and yesterday we were running around with our hair on fire.

We've been working hard since we went live to wrap up pre-existing issues, as well as the new ones reported by you all.

Anything reported in our bug and problems subforum goes straight to our internal bugtracker. We will always be listening. :)

From the entire team; thank you for your patience as we work through all issues found, reported, and ensure you all an excellent gaming experience.

We won't be doing anything else until all issues are resolved in a satisfactory manner, at the soonest moment possible.

Priority Issues

As mentioned previously, two priority issues yesterday, were as follows:

-- Poor Performance in virtually all viewing angles and situations (additional slowdown on the ground, likely due to increased objects density)

-- FFB Sticks buzzing and inoperability.

We've solved the FFB sticks issue, and this fix will be available with the next MiG-21 update.

We've partially solved the performance issues. Perhaps more aptly: we know where the issue lies, and we have begun taking steps to mitigate it heavily.

In addition to this "main" cause, we've stripped roughly 30,000 triangles out of the cockpit yesterday, without any visual fidelity loss.

I estimate another 30,000 will be removed today. This will represent an overall reduction of ~20% cockpit geometry.

We are also looking at various ways for texture optimization and consolidation.

We've also noticed several old textures that were not properly removed from their respective directories.

This can have additional VRAM load, and will also be removed.

LoDs (Level of Detail) meshes were not constructed properly, and this will be resolved as well.

Essentially; the sim grounds to a halt because even the most distant LoD is incorrectly exported as a high resolution mesh.

Liveries

The published livery list on SimHQ will be made available soon. Most likely, this will be done via a separate installer, prior to the first "big" patch. I'll keep you updated on this.

This pack contains 10-15 liveries, including countries such as Cuba, Egypt, Poland, India, Bulgaria, East Germany and more. In the future,

these liveries will ship with the main MiG-21 installer.

Backers

Apologies to all backers that had to wait for their keys yesterday. We were taken aback by the early release of the module, and thus had to scramble to send them out to everyone.

In the end, it was 12 hours of nonstop excel sheet filling, e-mail sending bonanza -- but hopefully most, if not all, of you should have your first key.

Those of you who are entitled to more than one key, will receive them ASAP. We'll be working through the list again and generating a new batch of keys for everyone that is entitled to a second one.

If you require one urgently (e.g. to fly with a friend), please feel free to e-mail me at nicholas .dackard (at) gmail . com. (no spaces).

If we've totally missed any of you (as we did already yesterday) -- please email me at the address above as well, and we'll sort you out.

I think that is mostly all for now.

Time to jump back into 3DS Max to continue improving performance and rolling in fixes for the next update(s).

We don't currently have an exact timeframe for the next hotfix/update, but we will try to make it as short as possible.

Apologies for all caused inconvenience.

Thanks,

Nick & Leatherneck Simulations

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for descriptive and upright update. May the bugs tremble before you gents! :)

Anyways, while my frame rate is low and had to fall back to my non FFB joystick, but these do not stop me from training with the aircraft at all, until fix/update is done ;)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

What an awesome group of devs. Thanks for the update!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thank You Nicholas :thumbup:

i hope this is not confidential but i have a question:

is it a requirement of ED that 3rd parties not allowed to release independent updates/bugfix/hotfix/skins ? :dunno:

i mean you are allowed to release only within the next official patch/update ?

would be nice to post/release the new skins asap :bounce:

sign-pic4.jpg

THANKS for all your hard work guy's and keeping us all informed of progress.

We could not wish for more. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Cobra, you and the rest of the LN team have really punched above your weight this last few weeks. When ED released the module early I thought something might go iffy since you had planned to release today, but even so you guys rose to the challenge and made sure we all had our keys. Can't imagine anyone being able to pull off a lunch as smoothly as that, especially when it was unplanned! I have the utmost respect for you guys, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next! :thumb up:

As far as performance goes, I was expecting it to be a little on the low side since my rig is in dire need of upgrading. But was facing a problematic 10fps on the ramp at Krymsk in the training mission thankfully at Sochi it's a bit smoother where the 159th flies from. Having said that I'm confident you guys will have fixes coming out of your ears before long :).

The MiG-21 is a real beast to fly, and it's going to be fun trying to tame it and learn to fight in it!

Good job and thank you!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What a wondefurl Mig, what a wonderful support, what a wonderful team, what a wonderful help.

LS a very Big Thank You all.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

BIG Thank You Cobra for this and support,

it will be very good trening too before this:

Su22m4please_zpsede376d1.gif

;D heheheh.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Way to go LN!

Here's a cutie for you.

DRCmnUlDaLM.jpg

Looks more like how Cobra and team are feeling atm. Oh yeah and thanks for your very active and helpful support guys, you are an example to all other third-party developers. I haven't had to much of performance problems but that might be thanks to my new AMD R9 280 3GB graphics card I got last week.:D

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Thanks for heads up.

The FFB patch is small enough for a quick grab and manual install? The performance is not that bad hit, especially now we are just learning the plane but the dead stick is a bit of a problem for some of us FFB users.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Awesome team! Thanks and congrats!

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Thank you LN!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Thanks Cobra!!

One small question, can we expect a skin template anytime soon? :)

ASAP. However, do expect to have to update any liveries you make further down the line as we will be updating the base textures with time.

Also, seperated rivet layers etc won't be provided, rather, we'll be providing a "void" skin with weathering layers on top, and a guide on how to use blending modes to use the paintkit. This due to the several stage process we use to create the textures. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Nice job LN. This investment in customer service will pay huge dividends down the road. I think you are building a very loyal customer base with your attention and (exhausting) work. My guess is that much of the community wouldn't blink twice at a pre-purchase deal for the next module given your excellent customer relations. Building the module is only part of the formula..you guys are doing awesome on the customer support side..

BeachAV8R

• Like 1