POST-RELEASE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1

Cobra847

We've partially solved the performance issues. Perhaps more aptly: we know where the issue lies, and we have begun taking steps to mitigate it heavily.

In addition to this "main" cause, we've stripped roughly 30,000 triangles out of the cockpit yesterday, without any visual fidelity loss.

I estimate another 30,000 will be removed today. This will represent an overall reduction of ~20% cockpit geometry.

We are also looking at various ways for texture optimization and consolidation.

Hello Cobra,

In first I'm a great fan of your MIG-21, a real "Master Piece", your explanation is perfect but I hope and I pray that the quality, the beauty of the cockpit and 3D model do not change because you'll changed with all these fix.

Thanks again and congratulation. Skull

I really like relationship that LN has towards its customers.

couldn't agree more. I'm looking forward to anything LN decides to release in the future, with this kind of dedication and support it'll be a no-brainer :thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Nice job LN. This investment in customer service will pay huge dividends down the road. I think you are building a very loyal customer base with your attention and (exhausting) work. My guess is that much of the community wouldn't blink twice at a pre-purchase deal for the next module given your excellent customer relations. Building the module is only part of the formula..you guys are doing awesome on the customer support side..

BeachAV8R

+1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks LN,

Less 60,000 tris with no loss of fidelity?

That's a lot.... I really like the special things in the cockpit that you do not see in other pits. Like the area around the radar. The cloth the threads on the tight top corner and tons of other things I keep finding. Really want to keep all of that in my box. I realize some this is accomplished by transparency (alpha), and normal maps etc - but some has to be geometry.

I know you know what you are doing. Just gotta say it.

Maybe have a "HD Cockpit" Option for those of us who have no problems.

Currently you have the best modeled plane in any simulation in the world.

And by far the best support I have seen.

Edited by Need-To-Know

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

You guys have set the standard on everything! Great job!!

When you say no loss in fidelity you talking 2D? Hope we dont loss the epic curves in 3d, i think most would put up with lower fps for the sexy pit.

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Good to see LN are working to improve an already great product:)

Regarding the performance... I'm actually finding the mig to be OK. The only module I have where enabling mirrors doesnt knock 15fps off straight away!

But improvement is always good! Gotta get a solid 75fps for oculus rift!

Cobra, great update.

The detail is great, the aircraft performs beautifully so far. The feedback through the buttkicker when the flaps and gear are raised is just stunning.

Love the detail to the training missions.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Thanks LN,

Less 60,000 pixels with no loss of fidelity?

That's a lot.... I really like the special things in the cockpit that you do not see in other pits. Like the area around the radar. The cloth the threads on the tight top corner and tons of other things I keep finding. Really want to keep all of that in my box. I realize some this is accomplished by transparency (alpha), and normal maps etc - but some has to be geometry.

I know you know what you are doing. Just gotta say it.

Maybe have a "HD Cockpit" Option for those of us who have no problems.

Currently you have the best modeled plane in any simulation in the world.

And by far the best support I have seen.

Agreed. Not even noticed performance drop after Dora and Mustang.

Anyway, thanks for update! You are the best!

Thanks Cobra for the update and open communication, its a big difference from what we are used to with ED.

The MIG-21 module is EXCELENT, probably the best of DCS World.

Waiting here for the FPS jump so we can use it in MP, bring on that patch.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

You guys keep on re-setting the bar for developers. Just chiming in here to show my gratitude as well. To be honest, you will most likely have squashed ALL the bugs before I am even done learning most of the details of this aircraft that are contained in the excellent manual. Will I be able to get some sort of college degree for having spent a semester reading that manual?:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT