POST-RELEASE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1

Cobra847

Will I be able to get some sort of college degree for having spent a semester reading that manual?:music_whistling:

Yes, but the final exam is in Russian. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

BIG Thank You Cobra for this and support,

it will be very good trening too before this:

Su22m4please_zpsede376d1.gif

;D heheheh.

Why some of your are so sure they will be making "this" as a next module. There will be no SU-22M4! What a waste time to even think about developing that ugly f*%er! I like Mig-21 but won't be getting СУ-22 even if someone released it. I see no point. Mig-29 is the bird! But would also be happy with Mig-25!

Edited by RUS38
  • Like 1

Thanks for the quick update :).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Why some of your are so sure they will be making "this" as a next module. There will be no SU-22M4! What a waste time to even think about developing that ugly f*%er! I like Mig-21 but won't be getting СУ-22 even if someone released it. I see no point. Mig-29 is the bird! But would also be happy with Mig-25!

Does anyone else get the impression he doesn't like the Su-22?

:cry:

However, despite the negative, here's a positive...

Thanks for the update. I wonder if this approach is being watched by others? :music_whistling:

:thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

• Like 1

Amazing aircraft! Thank you .. and what a way to ensure you have a legion of fans speculating on what the next module will be.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

This be pretty baller. Expect a video review from me and my (largely worthless) recommendation.

You've actually ruined DCS for me, at least in the near future; I feel dirty touching anything else. It's the same delight as the Huey; simple to grasp, but requires practice to master. This really does raise the bar.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Wow if 60k removed polygons constitutes about 20% of the total, that means the total is somewhere around 300k, which to me sounds like a frightening number of triangles for any computer to calculate. How does this compare to other DCS planes, what kind of numbers are we talking about with for example A-10C or Huey?

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Wow if 60k removed polygons constitutes about 20% of the total, that means the total is somewhere around 300k, which to me sounds like a frightening number of triangles for any computer to calculate. How does this compare to other DCS planes, what kind of numbers are we talking about with for example A-10C or Huey?

300k polys in general isn't a humongous amount in this day and age, however, it's not the only thing going on affecting performance. Texturing and then lighting also play their part, sometimes even moreso.

I experienced my first slow down last night - did a rocket strafing run on some tanks. Once I fired and my rockets started to impact, my fps dropped from something like 30 to about 2. I then crashed headlong into the armoured vehicles I was strafing (there were others strafing other nearby vehicles so the amount of detail was quite high).

What sort of timeline are we looking at in terms of lowering the LOD in the cockpit? 1 week, 1 month?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

266,667 triangles. Quite honestly, after all the tests, it appears it's the amount of materials (not textures) I am using on the external model.

A cockpit averages in the 250K range, so my external really has no affect if you switch to external view. However, the external model is completely enabled when inside the cockpit. So now it's up to nearly 500K triangles.

Right now, I've added proper visibility arguments on parts that can't be seen within the cockpit. Along with that, I've been busy creating proper a Lod0 and 1, while Cobra works on Lod2, 3 and 4. The release versions were just temporary for ED testers.

I can't compare to ED's A-10C anymore. Last time I saw 202K-ish triangles on their model, back in v1.2.7. Now it's down to 165K

Anyways, if you missed my other post, here is what I'm doing. I think the internal pit will be done similar. Cobra will have to say.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2186232&postcount=231

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

266,667 triangles. Quite honestly, after all the tests, it appears it's the amount of materials (not textures) I am using on the external model.

A cockpit averages in the 250K range, so my external really has no affect if you switch to external view. However, the external model is completely enabled when inside the cockpit. So now it's up to nearly 500K triangles.

Right now, I've added proper visibility arguments on parts that can't be seen within the cockpit. Along with that, I've been busy creating proper a Lod0 and 1, while Cobra works on Lod2, 3 and 4. The release versions were just temporary for ED testers.

I can't compare to ED's A-10C anymore. Last time I saw 202K-ish triangles on their model, back in v1.2.7. Now it's down to 165K

Anyways, if you missed my other post, here is what I'm doing. I think the internal pit will be done similar. Cobra will have to say.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2186232&postcount=231

Thx for the update info -Rudel-...:thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English is not my native language, please forgive the spelling mistakes... :argue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz (24/7)

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Motherboard

G. Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) CL8

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1+custom OC (24/7)

Good Golly did this aircraft put the fright in me! 700 meters from the threshold on a silky smooth approach, I make out the shape of a Mig-21 holding short. As the distance falls, I suddenly have 0 FPS between the ~300m and -50 meter mark - and some would call this a relatively critical part of the approach. :D By the time I get frames again I've somehow not lost my wheels on the hardest touchdown ever.

Great job though, can't be overstated just how well made this product is.

I was just wondering how the team plans to release these fixes? Will this be in conjunction with a official ED patch release (as I understand that there are problems that they are also working on fixing for DCS world as a whole) or will it be a patch released by Leatherneck directly?

To be honest, I am hoping on the latter, the FPS issue and the pilot oxygen bug have a pretty significant effect on the overall product and while I totally understand that stuff like this happens in software development, I will admit that I would rather Leatherneck be able to release fixes at their own pace as opposed to on ED's update schedule.

Is it even possible to release fixes outside of ED's update system?

I image there'll be a patch through ED's updater (obviously), but containing only MiG stuff. I also imagine it coming this week.

Hope this ends up being the case, the MiG is a fantastic module, probably the best one (in my opinion) so it will be good to be able to fly it to it's fullest.

Out of curiosity, are you a tester for the MiG team? I get the impression that you are from your posts.

Will the superior quality decrease with these cuts?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]