No cockpit view

johno1066

Hello,

1) I've just installed the MIG21 and no matter which mission I try, I am unable to access the cockpit of the aircraft.

2) I have attempted an UPDATE and and UPDATE repair but to no avail.

3) After installing, at no time was I asked to register the serial, however it is listed in the module manager.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Are you able to fly the aircraft, but you don't see the cockpit?

Hello Nicholas, thanks for your response.

1) unfortunately am unable to fly either.

For example: I created a mission, checked to ensure that player was active, start-from-ramp, once loaded, the sim loaded straight to an external view (cockpit was not selectable). The 21 then proceeded to start and taxi on its own. No other aircraft were on the map.

The same behaviour is evident whether it be campaign, single mission etc.

Cheers

Edited by johno1066

Hello Nicholas, thanks for your response.

1) unfortunately am unable to fly either.

For example: I created a mission, checked to ensure that player was active, start-from-ramp, loaded to an external view, the 21 then proceeded to start and taxi on its own. No other aircraft were on the map.

The same behaviour is evident whether it be campaign, single mission etc.

Cheers

Thanks for the additional info Johno,

Looking into this.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Whenever you can't get into the "human" cockpit, it means your 21 module is not recognized by the DCS engine.

In essence - something is wrong with the installation procedure (most likely you installed 21 first, than updated DCS).

Try this:

- uninstall 21 (using the installer in its folder or through Control Panel),

- run "Repair DCS World",

- run "Update DCS World",

- install 21,

- try it.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whenever you can't get into the "human" cockpit, it means your 21 module is not recognized by the DCS engine.

In essence - something is wrong with the installation procedure (most likely you installed 21 first, than updated DCS).

Try this:

- install 21,

- try it.

Many thanks Dolphin, I will try this this evening

Hmmm, saw the other thread, It's apparent that running DCS in 32bit mode didn't help :doh: Wonder how long i've been running it like that?? Still, hadn't had any performance issues up until now but I now have access the cockpit and will test after work.

Thanks to all who spent the time trying to assist me, much appreciated.

Try this:

- install 21,

- try it.

Tried this but it didn't work. I think the issue may be that I'm running 32-bit windows. Will upgrade and see. Thanks all!!

I have the same problem with SP missions delivered with the module, I cant get inside the MIG. I can fly training, quick missions and new and MP missions.

Tried opening and saving the missions but still I cant get in the Mig.

Another problem, in quick mission intercept I cant communicate with awacs, but if modified the same mission to play in MP and awacs works.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.