Wingman Ejecting?

Muppetlord

Hello! So I've tried to complete the first campaign mission three times now. And every time about half way in to the flight my wingman ejects. When I arrive at Kutaisi it says "Mission Success" but when I press quit I get campain Failure...:(

I suspect this have something to do with my wingman ejecting halfway through the flight.When I look at the debrief screen it says "engine shutdown" and after that "eject" so I don't know what's going on there. Have anyone else come across this?

EDIT: This is not the first mission as mentioned earlier, this is the second mission.

Edited by Muppetlord

He shouldn't. My fuel lasts all the way. But if that we're the case then something is wrong with the mission.

This is a very common problem with DCS. AI do not properly manage fuel and pretty much run mil/AB the entire time.

My wingman as well said bingo, then 15 seconds later ejected. I was still able to land, got the Mission Success notification and campaign continued just fine. Not a specific issue with the mission/campaign, just DCS.

This is a very common problem with DCS. AI do not properly manage fuel and pretty much run mil/AB the entire time.

My wingman as well said bingo, then 15 seconds later ejected. I was still able to land, got the Mission Success notification and campaign continued just fine. Not a specific issue with the mission/campaign, just DCS.

Do you have to do something in particular to complete the mission? I didn't fly straight through some waypoints to save fuel, maybe that's it?

Also are you supposed to press "quit" once you've finished your mission? It seems a little weird.

Same thing here. The Wingman always runs our of fuel between WP 8 and 9. He says he's Bingo, so i send him RTB but he won't make it and crash before reaching the base. Mission is a success though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having this issue as well, and it's incredibly annoying in the Mig21 campaign;

the campaign usually starts with a joyride mission and a rebasing mission.

if your campaign fails, you have to do those again, and especially the rebasing mission takes a very long time without any combat action.

Just now I had a ground attack mission, and my wingman did the "bingo fuel" thing, I was really afraid it would be another failed campaign and I would have to start from scratch.

However, this time the campaign didn't fail.

So are there any tricks to prevent the retarded AI from from ruining all your campaign progress?