Tacview 1.2.7 is available!

Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.2.7 is available!

http://www.strasoftware.com/download/tacview

The tactical view has been noticeably improved in this version. Thanks to a lot of tweaks of the auto scale-up feature and more than 40 3D meshes used to represent the battlefield units, it is easier than ever to understand quickly what happened!

The great DCS MiG-21bis add-on is obviously officially supported and you will find all the usual tweaks and fixes based on your feedback in this new release.

Feel free to read the documentation about how to add and to replace the 3D objects offered by default: http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-3d-meshes.php

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

• ADDED 3D meshes for world objets to replace the old triangle objects
  • ADDED Support for DCS: MiG-21bis
  • ADDED Support for DCS: Fw 190 D-9
  • ADDED Support for DCS: F-86F Sabre
  • ADDED Roll-rate to the telemetry data and charts
  • ADDED Added support for rollback in time in CSV flight recording files

• CHANGED Improved auto-scale feature
  • CHANGED Improved support for CSV flight recording files (including files from Microsoft Excel)
  • CHANGED Improved camera behavior
  • CHANGED Improved shift/ctrl+click to select active objects in the 3D view

• FIXED DCS World export script installation was not working on a fresh install of DCS
  • FIXED Fixed a bug in the 3D renderer which was triggering a crash with some OpenGL drivers

Tacview-127-01.jpg

• Like 3
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Awesome, Vyrtouz! Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

• ADDED Roll-rate to the telemetry data and charts

Do you mean the angle of bank?

best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm Chrome saying file is malware....

Hi,

I just downloaded Tacview127Setup.exe from Clouddrive, and Chrome labeled it as malware and refused to download it.

I assume this is a false positive, however is there a MD5 hash anywhere

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

As you can guess this is a false positive. I have no idea why Chrome flags it as a malware... You can right click to accept it anyway.

Tacview's installer is digitally signed. If you look at the properties, Windows will tell you that the signature is valid, which means it has not been infected or modified by a virus. (obviously I have no virus on my computer and Tacview is a nice program which does not do anything to the host system ;))

Hi,

I just downloaded Tacview127Setup.exe from Clouddrive, and Chrome labeled it as malware and refused to download it.

I assume this is a false positive, however is there a MD5 hash anywhere

I have demo and want to purchase home version. I am able to record A10C flights with DCS World selected in recording pull down menu. Will Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft (Mig29, Su27, etc) flights be recorded using this setting? Thanks

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

Absolutely!

According to what you describe, you are flying in DCS World. So as long as the export for DCS World option is enabled, any aircraft you are flying (or not) in DCS World is going to be properly exported (including FC3 aircrafts). You can ignore the other export options which are for older versions of DCS/Lock-On.

I have demo and want to purchase home version. I am able to record A10C flights with DCS World selected in recording pull down menu. Will Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft (Mig29, Su27, etc) flights be recorded using this setting? Thanks

Markeebo, do you get empty flight recordings or no file at all after a flight?

Can you share me a TRK file of a flight which is not recorded? That may help me to find a possible bug in my export script.

Been using this for year. Have never had an issue. for some reason, this update is not exporting.

Looked at the export luas and all appear to be fine but no go.

Markeebo

Markeebo, do you get empty flight recordings or no file at all after a flight?

Can you share me a TRK file of a flight which is not recorded? That may help me to find a possible bug in my export script.

Sure thing. I got empty flight recordings (filesize 0) until 3 days ago. Now nothing.

Here is the last flight that I did.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24490070/server-20140921-200353.zip

Edited by Markeebo

All right Markeebo!

As soon as anyone gets a 0 byte .TXT.ACMI file, try to catch your last TRK file and share it to me so I can reproduce and fix the potential bug!

I shared a trk file that didn't record period. Not even a 0k file. I can try to find a trk file that mathes and host both for you if that's what you need. Think I still have them around. Lemme kno!

Thanks

I’ve tried this track file with DCS World 1.2.10.32095 and 1.2.10.32275 and it was properly recorded by Tacview. So I have no idea what went wrong for you…

I shared a trk file that didn't record period. Not even a 0k file. I can try to find a trk file that mathes and host both for you if that's what you need. Think I still have them around. Lemme kno!

Thanks

Super sweet update. Uninstalled previous version, installed new version and HOLA! It just works.

(and beside I had HELIOS and TARS installed)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hey! I'm very interested in trying this software out and I installed the trial version.

Unfortunately though, when I click on "Record [DCS World] Flights" I get the following error message: "Export script installation has failed". I also followed the steps for the manual installation of the export script but I still can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Hi Rycc, I need to know more about your configuration to understand what is happening:

• Do you see empty flight recording files or no file at all in \My Documents\Tacview\ folder after a flight?
  • Did you try all the export script automatic installation options through Tacview menu? (just in case your version is not the one expected) For each, try, if Tacview cannot find the simulator folder, just skip to the next option…
  • Which version of DCS are you using? Is it really DCS World or an older version of Lock-On like DCS Black Shark or DCS A10-C Warthog?
  • Is it the normal or the Steam one?
  • Is it installed manually? In which folder?
  • Which version of Windows do you have? x86 or x64?
  • Did you notice anything strange while following the manual installation steps? Like missing folder(s)?

I have added my answers in the quote :)

Hi Rycc, I need to know more about your configuration to understand what is happening:

• Do you see empty flight recording files or no file at all in \My Documents\Tacview\ folder after a flight?

No files appear in the specified folder.

• Did you try all the export script automatic installation options through Tacview menu? (just in case your version is not the one expected) For each, try, if Tacview cannot find the simulator folder, just skip to the next option…

For all other "Record" options I get asked to browse for the installation folders. The only one that gives me an error when I click on the record button is the "[DCS World] Flights".

• Which version of DCS are you using? Is it really DCS World or an older version of Lock-On like DCS Black Shark or DCS A10-C Warthog?

I'm using the DCS World version from steam. Currently, it is version 1.2.10.32275

• Is it the normal or the Steam one?

Steam version.

• Is it installed manually? In which folder?

It was installed by steam. Currently it is in "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld". I also want to mention that when I renamed "DCSWorld" to "DCS World" tacview asked me to specify a folder, the only problem with this is that steam won't recognize my dcs if I manually rename their installation folder. So I had to rename it to the original folder name.

• Which version of Windows do you have? x86 or x64?

x64

• Did you notice anything strange while following the manual installation steps? Like missing folder(s)?

Yes I did. In the manual installation instructions it say's to install the tacview script in the "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\" folder, however my saved games folder is in "D:\Libraries\Saved Games" and no game uses this folder so it empty. Additionally, my DCS\Scripts folder is in "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Scripts".

Lastly, my DCS\Config\network.cfg file is in "D:\Libraries\Documents\My Games\DCS\Config" not in the Saved Games folder mentioned in the instructions for tacview.