Slaving TGP to CCIP gun cross?

ChoSeungWan

It's possible to slave the TGP to the pipper in guns master mode (but not the gun cross in CCIP master mode).

Follow the directions in that thread and it'll work: TMS aft short with HUD as SOI (in guns mode) makes the IFFCC gun solution the SPI. You can then slave the TGP (or maverick, etc.) to SPI

Note that there's a longstanding bug that has the SPI co-located with the lower dot in the pipper (the one representing the HEI rounds point of impact). So at really long slant ranges (where the TGP might actually be useful) the SPI will be a bit low

Edited by SmokeyTheLung
  • Like 1

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I also know why I don't use that feature, because its silly in most situations. TGP is an SA killer and most times I'm using the gun I am acquiring the target from the canopy not the MFCD, even if I used the TGP to locate it.

Even in a night situation I'd sooner drop illum and go in guns with my eyeballs than try to correlate and aim with the TGP. Even if you can slave the TGP I doubt they intended for it to be used to aim in real life anyway. Seems like a great way to turn yourself into a lawn dart.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

idunno, make a ground target a SPI regardless of the method, then you can share it with the rest of your flight

seems like it would be something i would want..

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also know why I don't use that feature

It's sort of a novelty. Although it might have some marginal usefulness IRL for debriefing/watching things explode from a different angle :D

The most interesting uses, IMHO, are in CCIP mode while bombing (not dive bombing...). But it doesn't bring anything to the table in that regard that other systems can't do better

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer